Web Application Developer / LAMP Developer / HTML Developer
Job Title: Web Application Developer
Location: Hemel Hempstead HQ with remote home based working from any location in the UK
Salary: £40,000 per annum + excellent benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Our Client is an award winning employer and is the UK's leading provider of multi-channel customer service and secure payment solutions. Due to continual growth, they are seeking a talented Web Application Developer to join their team of remote based Developers and Engineers.
They provide website owners and e-tailers across the Globe with a range of business enhancing services that allows companies to interact in real time with their customers while they are on their website. Their intuitive solutions are cloud based so there is no intrusion into a customers' IT environment. Their suite of Live Help and Customer Engagement Services consists of Web Chat, Instant Call-Back, Knowledge Base, Social Media Monitoring and Engagement, Full Workflow and Email Management offered in real time and accessible through one Omni-Channel Console.
NOTE: Our client can only accept applications from candidates eligible to live and work in the UK.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Support, design, and implement large, scalable load-balanced LAMP/LEMP services for delivering customer interaction and live help services.
- Write secure server and client-side code (OWASP), develop prototypes quickly and create robust, high-volume production solutions.
- Assist in the construction of platforms, systems and networking infrastructure, support of complex legacy platform.
- Generate documentation for work and adhere to ISO working standards.
- Develop and automate internal reporting and monitoring mechanisms.
- Respond to QA and technical issues in a timely and professional manner.
Essential Skills & Experience required for the role:
- Expert familiarity with linux server systems (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS).
- Backend web development experience: complex memcache arrays, memcahce pools, cron processes etc
- Database design and mySQL programming.
- Successful candidate will need to be security checked by home office and therefore must have been UK resident for at least 10 years - previous/current SC clearance would be of benefit.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Comfortable with asynchronous network programming, server frameworks, fault tolerance and scalability.
- Detailed understanding of implementing large server applications.
- Exposure to OpenVZ (Virtuozzo) environments.
- Linux and core network services (DNS, SMTP, NTP, Syslog, Apache, Nagios).
- Managing and programming using Cloud services.
- Experience in capacity planning and large scale systems.
- Experience developing rich user frontend environments using HTML5, AJAX, JQuery, jPlot, Highcharts, Bootstrap, Angular, Rich Text Editors.
- Experience with version control systems.
- Experience with social networking integration (Graph/Rest API).
- Experience with asterisk callback/peering beneficial.
Competencies as Web Application LAMP / LEMP Developer:
- Ability to design extensible systems.
- Analytical thinking, ability 'deconstruct' undocumented code and understand how it works.
- Ability to organize time effectively oversee multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Highly motivated self-starter to join a dynamic team which is growing and evolving quickly.
On a personal level, you will be a great team player with excellent communication skills and a desire to build great internal relations and with our clients to deliver on goals.
What's on offer?
- Life insurance.
- Share incentive scheme.
- Free tea, coffee, fresh fruit and snacks.
- Simply Health & private medical insurance group membership (eligible after probationary period).
- Pension scheme.
- Well-being initiatives, such as in-house Reflexology and Sports Massage (when in Head office).
- Focused on education and training (technical talks with internal and external speakers).
- Discounted offers.
- Team days and Volunteering events.
- Employee Recognition schemes.
- Christmas & summer company events.
- Discretionary annual bonus.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Apply for Web Application Developer / LAMP Developer / HTML Developer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly