Membership Helpline Assistant
Coeliac UK represents over 60,000 Members providing information and support to those affected by coeliac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis or following a gluten-free diet. It also campaigns on behalf of all those living with coeliac disease and undertakes research into the causes of the disease.
This position sits within our Membership and Services department supporting the Membership Helpline team by maintaining accuracy of data for our Food and Drink Directory that is accessible to our Members online and through our Smartphone app, generating mailing lists to help deliver the Charity’s Membership scheme and developing and generating reports through our CRM database.
Membership Helpline Assistant - Key Responsibilities:
• Maintain and update product information base for our Food and Drink information services through manual data entry or system imports.
• Assist with follow up enquiries to retailers and manufacturers regarding their Food and Drink listings.
• Assist in testing data and new processes for the 2017 Directory and future editions including alternative formats.
• Support enquiries regarding suitable products via our Helpline and mobile apps.
• Accurately maintain and update Member and supporter records on the Charity CRM database.
• Generate data mailing lists for Member communications such as our Food and Drink Directory, Crossed Grain magazine, Welcome Packs, renewals and surveys.
• Data capture and collate feedback received from our online polls and Membership surveys.
• Develop and generate required reports through our CRM database for Member profiling and data processes.
• Represent the Membership Helpline team in CRM development meetings.
Membership Helpline Assistant - General:
• Keep abreast of all IT / database developments through in-house training in order to fulfil this role in the most efficient and effective manner.
• Support the policy, values and procedures of Coeliac UK.
• Assist the team with any other duties as may be required.
Membership Helpline Assistant - Key working Relationships:
• Internal: Membership Helpline Team, Head of Food Policy, Director of ICT, Database Analyst, Commercial and Business Services Team.
• External: Manufacturers and Retailers listed in the Food and Drink Directory, third party mailing and fulfillment specialists.
Membership Helpline Assistant - Personal Profile and Skills:
• Co-operative team player with a practical, ‘can do’ attitude.
• Able to work to ‘deadlines’ and prioritise tasks.
• Keep up to date with current thinking within Coeliac UK.
• Self-motivated, flexible and able to work without close supervision.
• Excellent IT skills – especially MS Excel and database skills.
• A motivated individual with initiative and a structured approach to work who has good organisational skills.
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
• A team player.
• At least five GCSEs at grade C and above, including Math and English.
• Experience may replace qualification.
Reports to: Head of Membership
Based at: Coeliac UK Head Office, High Wycombe
Hours: 35 Hours per Week. Hours to be agreed with your Line Manager. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
Holiday: 28 Days Holiday a Year - 3 Days to be taken between Christmas and New Year
Line Management: No Direct Reports
Salary: £18,720 - £20,800 (Dependant on Experience)
Closing Date: 31 October 2016
No Agencies Please.
Interviews will take place week commencing 31 October 2016.
Please apply online for the Membership Helpline Assistant role with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received for the Membership Helpline Assistant role and to follow further instructions if applicable.