(Additional hours worked above contracted hours will be at basic rate of £7.30 per hour).
£14,662 pa rising to £14,860 pa If NVQ qualified in Health & Social Care Level 2
(Additional hours worked above contracted hours will be at basic rate of £7.40 per hour)
Sleep In Allowance £35.00 per Sleep In (If required)
To ensure regulatory compliance all applicants must be aged 18 years or over.
You must be a car driver for this role.
Our Client is a charitable organisation that provides a range of flexible individualised care and support services for people with learning disabilities, mental health support needs and older people. Their services include supported living, domiciliary care, housing & care (extra care) schemes, care homes, day services and respite/short breaks.
Support Worker – Role Overview and Responsibilities
This location is home to 2 gentlemen who like to get out and about as much as possible. One gentleman in particular likes to get out for long walks in the countryside and the seaside. You will need to be able to drive, as one gentleman cannot walk distances. They therefore need people like you to offer as much as you can in terms of patience, time and empathy.
To support service users to live valued lives within the community. This may include provision of personal, emotional, social and physical support on a 24-hour shift rota system.
• Willing to complete the Care Certificate
• Willing to gain Diploma in Heath & Social Care
• Have a basic understanding and knowledge of equal opportunities at the workplace and in supporting service users
• Able to use own initiative to support service users in fulfilling active lives on a daily basis
• A caring and sympathetic approach to supporting service users who may have severe disabilities
• Ability to read reports, instructions and policies/procedures in English
• Able to write legible reports, care plans and instructions in English
• Deal with basic household budgets and petty cash
• Ability to be available on a roster system as and when required to cover the 24 hours per day, 365 days of the year.
• Willingness to learn
• Car Driver
• Possess Care Certificate or equivalent
• No particular qualifications are required but an NVQ in Health & Social Care or related qualification would be helpful
• Caring/supporting people with learning disabilities, mental health support needs or challenging behaviour in a paid or voluntary capacity
• Experience of working as part of a team at the workplace
Disclosure Level - Enhanced
The Next Step & How to Apply...
To join their team, the next step is to apply online now. As a stable employer, with excellent training and career opportunities, and a fantastic work environment, this will probably be the best move you ever make.
You will need to submit a CV via the apply button below, and then you will be sent via email the direct links to the application process, where you will need to fill in the online application form.
Please note that your CV will not be seen directly by the hiring manager so you will need to complete the application form in full, in order to be considered for this role.
Closing Date: 28th October
Apply for Support Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly