IT Automation Consultant (Automic)
Exciting opportunity to work for a fast paced and social leading edge DevOps and Continuous Delivery consultancy. We are a company founded on the values of openness, honesty, teamwork and fun, focused on delivering the best customer experience.
You'll benefit from significant technology training and exposure and undertake extensive international travel (up to 2 or 3 weeks out of 4, expenses paid). You will be trained to become an IT Automation Consultant with a core focus on our Automic (partner product) engagements. You will have the chance to implement innovative automation solutions for a broad array of clients. If you are looking for a career-driven opportunity, this is the ideal role as there are various opportunities to grow within the DevOps and IT sector as we are working with a multitude of different partners, supporting our customers on their DevOps and Automation journey.
We are looking for hungry-to-learn out of the box thinkers to join our team. Your intensive training will start immediately, focusing on learning key technologies and products and the consulting skills that are critical to success in the high-growth automation sector. The majority of our engagements are 2-8 weeks in length with each one providing opportunities to learn client technologies and approaches and requiring continual learning of new technologies. Our team unanimously agree that they really benefit from continually learning new technologies as part of this role, and that they've learned more in a shorter period of time than previously.
You will need:
- Experience in and/or Passion for Business Process Automation
- A client-focused can do attitude.
- High attention to detail
- Clear communication - both written and verbal.
- Ability to learn fast and outside the box thinking
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- A working understanding of the Software Development LifeCycle (SDLC), Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration.
- Advanced experience in one of the following: Powershell, Bash, Unix, Bash, Python Scripting
- Advanced UNIX/Linux knowledge and at least basic Windows.
- Advanced expertise of one or more tools from listed tools in the Desirable Skills section
- Experience of one or more of the following tools (CI): Jenkins, Cloudbees, Bamboo, TeamCity, TravisCI, TFS
- Experience of one or more of the following tools (CD): Jenkins, GoCD, XebiaLabs, Automic, Octopus Deploy
- Experience of one or more of the following tools (CM): Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Experience of one or more of the following tools: SVN, Git, TFS, Clearcase
- A working knowledge of one or more of the following tools: Docker, CoreOS, Vagrant, Otto, Graphite, Selenium, Robot, QTP, Jira, Nagios, AppDynamics, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
ECS has over 300 employees, a growing pool of contracted Associates, and is headquartered in Glasgow, with offices in Edinburgh, Leeds, London and Pune.
This position is offering between GBP35,000 - GBP60,000 per annum. It is posted on the 14th October 2016 and the closing date is 14th November 2016.