Quality Assurance Operative
Staffline is one of the UK’s leading recruitment companies, helping to find work for thousands of people on a daily basis. Our temporary workers can enjoy great benefits including training, as well as real opportunities for career progression and permanent employment.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Operative to work at our client’s busy meat processing factory based in Malton.
Working within the Technical Team and reporting to the QA Manager, the role of the QA is key to ensuring the quality and safety of all products.
In this role you will make sure that only the best products reach our customers, and therefore ensuring the repeat business of the companies that we rely on. The QA will have the authority to withhold a product until any issues are resolved, and will work very closely with production personnel to maintain standards and make improvements.
The main duties of the role will include:
- Checking the label book to verify the product meets the specification
- Being a champion of product quality, food safety and good practices
- Conducting verification checks, metal detector checks and other quality checks
- Working with the production staff to ensure that effective and timely corrective actions are taken following non-conformances
- Conducting internal line audits and collecting samples as required
- Attending taste panels
- Ensuring that finished pack quality and presentation meets the customer specification
- Monitoring product quality – reporting and rejecting (if necessary) any defects and completing relevant paperwork
- Managing specification returns
- Working closely with the production staff to ensure that effective and timely corrective actions are taken following non-conformances
- Ensuring that any suspect or non-conforming product is placed on hold, only releasing when fully satisfied the issue is resolved
- Challenging processes and seeking improvements to ensure that standards are not only maintained but continually improved
- Confident with good communication skills, able to challenge people, procedures and processes
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as being able to work alone and use your initiative
- Strong organisational skills and good attention to details
- Willingness to help train others and support other team members
- Flexibility, self-motivation and willingness to learn new skills
Previous experience working in a quality or technical role, preferably within the food manufacturing industry, is essential for this position.
The shifts are 4 on 4 off, working nights.
The rate of pay is £9.20 per hour, plus an additional shift supplement.
You can apply for this job by sending a CV/written application to Jessica Tucker via the email address provided.
Apply for Quality Assurance Operative
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly