RESPONSIBLE TO Social Sector Engagement
Director, Big Society Capital
About the Role
Good Finance is a digital project, led by Big Society Capital and Access, to help charities and social enterprises better understand and navigate social investment. It was launched as a Beta website at the start of 2016, with a clear goal - to build a platform that is designed by, and useful for, the end user.
Following a successful period of research and user-testing, and through collaboration with key sector partners, a prototype has now been built which fits the needs of the target audience.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and ambitious individual to manage the second phase of the project.
The role will require a good understanding of the social investment market, and the confidence to expertly co-ordinate key sector partners, delivery agencies and stakeholders.
The project manager will be responsible for all content curation and editing, both in the immediate term and on an ongoing basis. They will also be required to implement a communications and marketing strategy, and explore the future scope of the project.
The project manager will report to the Social Sector Engagement team at Big Society Capital, but have day to day autonomy in delivery and management of contracts as the lead representative for Good Finance. They will have full editorial control and be expected to make decisions based on the needs of Good Finance users with a commitment to fair and unbiased content.
The role will be based one day a week in Big Society Capital’s office and four days a week in one of the partner offices in London, to be rotated on a monthly basis.
Occasional travel will be required as part of raising awareness of the project at events and direct with charities and social enterprises.
Managing content & copywriting
- Managing and updating current and future content
- Copywriting in keeping with the language requirements of the user personas for the site
Communications and marketing
- Overseeing and delivering the marketing and communications strategy
- Running any relevant social media channels
- Delivering a structured email marketing campaign
Revenue generation and future strategy
- Working with key partners to explore the potential for revenue generation on the site
- Exploring the future scope of the project beyond a digital offering
- Project managing the web design and research delivery agencies
- Co-ordinating partners including the steering group and a new Stakeholder Review Panel
- Relationship building with key players in the market including investors and social sector partners.
- Liaising with BSC and Access’ teams to develop the site and create synergy in their broader work to support the sector
- Managing contracts and budgets, and achieving set KPIs for the project
Analytics, testing and reporting
- Setting up, monitoring and reporting of advanced analytics, including back to the steering group
- Managing ongoing user-testing
- Experience in communications and marketing
- Resiliant individual with experience of building strong internal and external relationships
- Ability to think and operate strategically
- Good understanding of the social investment market
- Proven track record of project managing different stakeholders or partners
- Keen interest in improving access to finance for charities and social enterprises
- Excellent writing skills with an exceptional attention to detail
- Basic financial acumen and understanding of business development
- Knowledge of social media, Google Analytics and email marketing tools
- Team player with a can-do attitude
- Experience of the social enterprise and charity sectors
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Health insurance
- Childcare Voucher scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- Interest-free season ticket and bicycle loans
- Open to flexible working arrangements
- Formal training and learning opportunities
How to apply
Please send a cover letter (no more than one side of A4) and CV (no more than two sides of A4) addressed to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 09:00 on Monday 31st October 2016
All applicants must possess the right to work in the UK.
Big Society Capital is an equal opportunities employer.