We have an exciting opportunity for a Charity Fundraiser to join our team based in Birmingham. The role will be a part time position with room for flexibility, offering £9 per hour.
Canal & River Trust is a charitable organisation that is entrusted with protecting and improving 2000 miles of waterways that flows through the most vibrant cities and countryside across England & Wales.
The local canals and rivers provide a haven for people and nature, and the purpose of the Canal & River Trust is to preserve the interaction of history and nature. Our canals and rivers are surrounded by over 2700 listed structures as well as ancient monuments & UNESCO world heritage sites. We also cater for the boating community of which over 35,000 boats resides within our canal network.
The Trust is looking for friendly and passionate Charity Fundraisers to raise awareness and donations on the towpaths and along the canals of Birmingham; no experience is needed as full training will be provided.
Charity Fundraiser – Role & Responsibilities
- You will be speaking to people on the towpaths by the canals and rivers to raise awareness and get regular donations as part of our “become a friend” campaign.
- You will work as part of a team to achieve the desired funding in order for the Canal & River Trust to continue further developments along the waterways.
- Assist with events and festivals.
For more information, search for 'canal river trust'
Charity Fundraiser - Available shifts
Monday – Sunday:
- 10am-6pm during the peak season (April – Sept)
- 11am-5pm during the off peak (Oct-March)
The shifts will usually be 4-5 hours each.
To apply for our Charity Fundraiser position you must be over 18 years old.
If you would like to join our team as our new Charity Fundraiser, then please click ‘Apply’ today!