Job Function: Product Management
Company Industry: Online Media, Marketing and Advertising, Newspapers
Employment Type: Full-time
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
About the company:
Johnston Press plc is one of the largest regional media companies in UK. They publish over 200 newspapers, 10 lifestyle magazines, 196 news websites and 13 e-commerce sites in its portfolio.
They are leading the way in the transformation of local news and information services and offer smart advertising solutions to both local and national advertisers.
Led by CEO Ashley Highfield, a highly respected digital leader, Johnston Press are transforming into a modern digital media group. Recognising the truth that ‘Life is Local', they have a unique position within the media landscape to truly deliver high quality and relevant digital content to local communities.
Our Chief Digital Officer, Jeff Moriarty, from New York Times and Boston Globe and has seen this digital transformation successfully in the past. He has a great vision of the digital portfolio we will have.
As part of this vision we have developed a wide range of digital marketing services (DMS), to offer to SMB customers. DMS is growing aggressively and there is lots of excitement around DMS both inside JP and in the industry that closely watches small business digital marketing -e.g. Google, Facebook, analysts, etc.
DMS is now scaling up its small team of product managers and is looking to add one more member to help develop and grow this business.
The Product Manager will be responsible for supporting the development and management of key growth products of the portfolio. It is an exceptional opportunity to join a new team at the start of an exciting journey, as part of Johnston Press' transformation into a leader in local digital marketing solutions. The job requires some travel within UK.
- Day to day management of the product portfolio
- Work closely with sales leaders to drive revenue and profit from each product
- Internal & external supplier management to ensure excellent customer experience and optimum product cost base
- Commercial product management including: building financial performance & forecasting models; reporting and monitoring KPI performance; optimising product volume / mix / pricing / ebitda
- Manage relationships with sales teams to support sales delivery of product volume and revenue objectives
- Support product marketing strategy and supporting activities
- Market and competitor monitoring and intelligence
- Contribute to development of product strategy / evaluation of strategic product issues
- Work on wider digital product team initiatives / objectives as required
- Strong product management & development experience; and a proven track record of success
- Direct experience in digital marketing / web presence / SEM / social media is an advantage but not necessary
- A passion for digital marketing and related activity and business models
- Strong strategic analytical capabilities and commercial awareness
- Strong financial awareness and modelling skills
- Proven ability to work in x-functional teams
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Collaborative working style
- High quality BA degree (or equivalent), MBA an advantage
- Excellent strategic / analytical / commercial / presentation / communication / relationship / management skills
- Innovative mindset
- Great attention to detail
- Passion, enthusiasm, commitment
- Permisssion to work in the UK