Drama and Theatre Studies Educational Writer
This is an opportunity for graduates to share their knowledge and enthusiasm for the study of Drama and Theatre through a paid position writing educational resources that our customers – teachers throughout the UK – will use in their class to teach KS3, GCSE and A Level Drama.
What you will achieve:
- Published material that will help future learners succeed in their qualifications
- Experience in publishing and education sectors
- Develop research and planning skills to a specific project brief
- Familiarisation of new teaching requirements set by examination boards for GCSE and A level
- Develop your teaching skills by gaining practise in structuring lessons, communicating theory and techniques, devising relevant and imaginative practical activities and interpreting specifications
- Opportunity to develop own resource ideas
What we’re looking for:
- A graduate of Drama, Theatre, Performing Arts or similar. *Please note* – this is a Drama and Theatre role that requires broad knowledge and experience across a variety of disciplines. Please do not apply if your degree only covered acting, dance, production or similar. Joint Honours graduates are welcome to apply.
- A broad knowledge of Drama and Theatre
- An ability to communicate effectively and concisely – to write with flair and enthusiasm for your subject!
- A willingness to work with the editor to refine and improve resources based on feedback
- An ability to adapt and improve methods of working to learn from feedback and apply to future work
Even without teaching experience, the ideal candidate will be able to apply creative strategies for teachers, taking the content students need to learn and presenting it in an accessible and digestible way.