Chemistry Educational Writer
This is an opportunity for Chemistry graduates with a passion for education to share their knowledge and enthusiasm for the study of Science through a paid position writing and technically checking educational resources that our customers – teachers throughout the UK – will use in their class to teach GCSE and A level Chemistry.
What you will achieve:
- Published material that will help future learners succeed in their qualifications
- Experience in publishing and education sectors
- Develop research and planning skills to a specific project brief
- Familiarisation of teaching requirements set by examination boards for GCSE and A level
- Develop your teaching skills by gaining practise in structuring lessons, communicating theory and covering unit specifications/li>
- Opportunity to develop own resource ideas
We’re looking for Chemistry graduates with:
- A detailed knowledge of A Level and GCSE level Chemistry
- An ability to adapt and improve methods of working so that any mistakes identified are not repeated!
- An ability to communicate effectively, concisely – to write with flair and enthusiasm for your subject
Even without teaching experience, the ideal candidate will be able to apply creative strategies for teachers, taking the content students need to learn and presenting it in an accessible and digestible way.
6 month initial contract starting ASAP. There is a strong possibility of further publishing opportunities for the right candidate – including writing, checking and/or editorial work. 3-month probationary period.