Our client has a new exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Groundskeeper/Caretaker to come and join their team based in Bournemouth. The successful candidate will join them on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of £19,000 per annum. This role will require some weekend work.
About the Maintenance Groundskeeper/Caretaker role
You will be responsible for the efficient and running of all the operating garden and household equipment, building maintenance and the gardens/grounds of the property.
What you will be doing as their Maintenance Groundskeeper/Caretaker:
- Ensure that the Personal Assistant is given all invoices (approved) for the prompt payment of all bills and expenses by service providers and suppliers to and for the property
- To liaise with the House Manager to have access to the "petty cash" on weekends should costs arise
- When working weekends, please monitor the house Calendar ensuring appointments and movements are coordinated and kept
- On weekends ensure that the Kitchen it maintained to a high standard of cleanliness
- Understand and ensure efficient operation and maintenance of the security, plumbing and heating systems, electronic equipment and the wireless ADSL
- Undertake DIY and home improvement around the house in accordance with an agreed plan to maintain the property to a high standard
- Ensure that the swimming pool is cleaned on a regular basis checking levels and chemicals on a weekly basis and that the system is working effectively
- Maintain the database of contact details of all service providers and suppliers as directed by House Manager
- Undertaking the upkeep of the grounds including lawns, the paddock and woods, edge pruning, trimming hedges, cleaning and maintaining the stream and pond etc.
- Driveway to be cleaned on a daily basis during each week
- Maintain fencing around the property
- Ensure weekly run out for each of the cars if not utilised and overall maintenance.
- Undertake for the dogs to be cared for, walked and cleaned.
- All work is to be carried out in a safe manner; if further training is required or protective equipment needs to be purchased, please advise
Other requirements of the Maintenance Groundskeeper/Caretaker role
From time to time, you will be requested to stay in the property whilst they are overseas and during this period, it would be expected that you would look after the dogs and enjoy the house.
What they’re looking for in their Maintenance Groundskeeper/Caretaker
- Previous experience of Household Maintenance and Gardens (Lawns and Plants)
- Technology Understanding
- Clean Driving License
- Demonstrates the highest level of commitment and empathy, and always courteous to other staff and visitors
- Highly motivated and confident with an outgoing facilitative and approachable style, with the ability to manage and prioritise a busy workload
- Proven ability to be punctual and reliable
- Competent, physically fit and able to do hard manual labour in all weather conditions, including rain, snow, etc.
- Knowledge of health and safety rules.
If you feel up to the challenge and would like to become their new Maintenance Groundskeeper/Caretaker then please click ‘apply’ today, they’d love to hear from you!
Apply for Maintenance Groundskeeper/Caretaker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly