Night Support Worker
Title: Night Support Worker (35 hours per week) - in the Weymouth Area
Salary: £16,500pro rata, £5,500pro rata night allowance + weekend enhancements.
Benefits including Excellent & Certified Training, Childcare Voucher Scheme, Pension Scheme, Paid Mileage & Company Sick Pay (after a 6 month probationary period)
Availability: To start as soon as possible
We are very excited to be recruiting a Night Support Worker to our Dorset Young People's Projects.
The main purpose of this role is to ensure the safety and security of young people and premises at night, and to respond appropriately. The Night Support Worker also increases the independence and skills of young people, through flexible person centred outcome focused support The role holder helps young people to avoid eviction and repeat homelessness.
The post holder will work effectively and professionally, by providing support to clients and ensure the security of the building is maintained throughout the night and will have access to the on-call manager in an emergency. The shift pattern is 4 nights on and 4 nights off.
This post is also responsible for ensuring that the communal areas and offices within the hostel are maintained to the appropriate standards of cleanliness.
For this role you must be;
* Able to work with young people to build a trusting relationship based on an equal and reciprocal relationships in which we recognize and build on each other's skills and strengths
* Approachable, friendly, supportive and have a passion for Young people and their future.
* You will need to be able to think creatively, positively and use your own initiative.
* Able to take appropriate action in emergencies including the calling of emergency services ensuring risks are managed and all incident reports are completed.
* You will be used to working in a fast-paced environment
The organisation has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
The ideal Support worker will:
* Meet client wishes
* An understanding of the needs and issues of homeless, vulnerable young people
* Knowledge of Safeguarding for Children and Adults and Domestic Abuse.
* Experience of problem solving and handling difficult situations, using initiative
* Skilled at IT including excel, power point, publisher, word, face book and other forms of social media
* Able to stay on in an emergency
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
* Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time.
* Enhanced annual leave entitlements, sick pay allowances and pension scheme contributions.
* Excellent and professionally certified training.
* Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
* Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
* Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day!
* A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
* The chance to work with amazing people.
If you are interested please call Debbie on 07500 981066 (do not delay as we will recruit the first suitable applicants).
Please click 'Apply' to continue your application.