HR Manager / HR Specialist / Human Resources Manager
Job Title: HR Manager
Location: Slough, Berkshire
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: Pension, Healthcare, 24 Days Holiday per annum
Normal Working hours: Between 8.30am-5.00pm
The Company are an independent intermediary, which deals with funding partners. Due to continued success and business growth they are looking to recruit an experienced HR Generalist professional to join their business in Slough in a newly created role.
As the HR Manager you will be responsible for the development of their people strategy, to ensure that the employee journey matches that of their brand values and business plans. This role encompasses all areas of HR and therefore they are looking for a strong generalist.
In the role your aim is to ensure that their organisation that you work for employs the right balance of staff in terms of skill and experience, and that training and development opportunities are available to colleagues to enhance their performance and achieve the company's business aims. The role and therefore the opportunity of progression will expand based on the success of this role to build a HR team that adds value to the business.
Strong communication skills will ensure that the day to day running of this department is smooth and efficient in order to achieve maximum output and potential.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Hiring of staff - advertising and interviewing, and all admin associated with this function
- Mentor to management team
- Identifying training needs within the organisation and ensuring that developments plans are put in place
- Review and updating policies in line with legislation changes and best practice
- Development, implementation and management of an appraisal system across the company
- Manage the company benefits package(s)
- Carry out regular salary parities to ensure pay and benefits in line with market
- Dealing with complaints and invoking disciplinary procedures & performance reviews
- Update of staff handbooks and contracts in line with legislation changes
- Developing HR strategies in relation to employee engagement and retention
- Taking lead on any escalated employee relations cases
- Developing and coaching line managers to increase competence when dealing with matters of employee relations, performance management and absence management
Specific job skills:
- Previous in similar HR Management level role and/or (Level 3 -4 CIPD)
- Good working understanding of UK employment law
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to prioritise workload, manage deadlines and perform under pressure
- Good organisational & administration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills / Telephone manner
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- ACT or similar CRM system knowledge but not essential
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; HR Generalist, Human Resources Manager, HR Business Partner, HR Manager, Human Resources Specialist, Human Resources Analyst, CIPD, HR Advisor, Human Resources Advisor, HR Generalist, Personnel Manager, Senior HR Officer, HRBP, Human Resources Business Partner, HPD, Human Resources Consultant, HRM, Human Resources, HR Advisor, HR Manager will also be considered for this role.