Job title: Clinical Instructor
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Hours: 40 hours
Work Pattern: Monday – Friday
Employer: St George’s International School of Medicine Ltd
Duration: Permanent only
The Clinical Instructor is based in Newcastle upon Tyne. S/he will be teaching on the First year Basic Sciences DipHE course, a joint collaboration between Northumbria University and St George’s International School of Medicine.
The Clinical Instructor will be required to assist in teaching various subjects in the Basic Medical Sciences – Histology, Physiology, Anatomy, Neurosciences, Biochemistry and Clinical Skills – by running practical and small group discussion sessions and s/he may be asked to hold review sessions. The Clinical Instructor will be expected to supervise daily duties of Clinical Tutors and assign Tutors to lab groups.
S/he will prepare examination venues whenever there is an examination and proctored of examinations and other relevant duties that may be required.
The Clinical Instructor will be expected to attend and assist with additional events such as Orientation and Convocation at the beginning of each term. S/he will be required to attend lectures of the courses to which s/he is assigned and attend preview sessions with Professors/ Instructors for scheduled labs or small group sessions.
The position would be suitable for medical graduates who want to enter the academic side of medicine. This role will report to Chairs of departments on issues relating to Clinical Tutors.
The candidate must possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- basic medical degree (MBChB) or equivalent;
- prior work experience in form of at least one year’s internship and one further year of supervised clinical training;
- evidence of proficiency in teaching and scholarly activity in the subject;
- excellent oral and written communication skills and a commitment to the education of future health-care professionals;
- experience delivering teaching and learning;
- the ability to work as part of a team;
- the confidence and interpersonal skills to operate effectively.
To apply, forward your CV, covering letter and contact details to: JSmith1@SGU.EDU
Date posted: 14 October 2016 Closing date: 11 November 2016