A&D Technical Consultant / Account Manager
Job Title: Architecture and Design Technical Consultant
Location: London, SE1
Salary: Up to £35k depending on experience + Commission received for influence of specification
The company was founded in 1990, drawing upon the skills of architecture, product design and innovation, and furniture design to create new and unique solutions to the technology and furniture interface within the working environment.
Their unique approach rapidly redefined workplace ergonomics and has heavily influenced how people sit and work with computers. They have continued to develop innovative and elegant solutions that create a spacious and healthy working environment for people in a range of application areas including trading floors, offices, hospitals, schools, universities, and passenger terminals.
The company is looking to recruit an A & D Technical Consultant to join their team.
Operating within the UK Sales Department, the Technical Consultant’s responsibility will include, but not be limited to the following duties:
Continual Professional Development (CPD):
All architects must carry out continuing professional development (CPD) workshops. They must attend a minimum 35 hours of CPD workshops each year and build up at least 100 learning points from attending CPD presentations. CPD is really only a concept. It is a flexible approach to maintaining competence, and is a requirement common to most professions.
- Organise and undertake a minimum 2-3 CPD seminars p/c/m to A&D practises
- Assist account managers with CPD’s to OEM’s, Furniture dealers and end users
- Maintain database and update with the contact details of attendees to CPD’s and follow up
- Continue to review the CPD presentation content and update with any new legislations etc.
- Responsible for generating new business through A&D Community
- Build new and develop existing relationships within A&D community to drive specification towards the company’s products & services
- Provide technical & product support
- Target A&D practices bringing back to the business information such as detailed contact lists, project information, Organogram etc
- Identify key decision makers on specific projects and be at the centre of integrated approach & involve the company’s Account Managers accordingly
- Support and update Account Managers on projects with information gained through A&D contacts
- Attend end user mock up’s and presentations as required
- Ensure A&D practices/individuals are signed up to CBS Partner Hub to facilitate full access to electronic information data-base
- Ensure all enquires, quotations, sample request’s and general administration duties that come with Account Management are dealt with effectively & efficiently.
- Maintain CRM database - Salesforce, on a daily basis to include but not limited to; completing pipelines, quotations, sales forecasts.
- Work with dedicated Sales Support person so they can assist you in day to day admin duties when you are not in the office
- Attend events/exhibitions as and when required
DSE (Display Screen Equipment):
The Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) regulations came into force on 1st January 1993; some minor changes were made in 2002. They seek to protect the health of workers by reducing risks associated with VDU use. The company aim to help and provide information and train employees on how to set up their work spaces correctly.
- Provide advance DSE training
- Conduct DSE assessment for end users
- Promote and undertake DSE/ Ergonomic presentations
- Assist Account Managers with Ergonomic presentations
- As ergonomic & DSE Champion, advise management on the latest regulatory guidelines, including but not limited to those effecting information contained in presentation collaterals
- Work with the Furniture Industry Research Association (FIRA) to ensure all presentations are up to date
- Comfortable working as part of a team
- Able to multi-task and prioritise workloads
- Able to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Computer literate and confident with the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Presentation skills
- Build relationships with clients
- Time management
- Account management
- Maintain smart business like dress code at all times
- Motivated self-starter with a ‘can do approach’
- Professional attitude to work
- Confident and able to clearly communicate with a variety of audiences
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Architectural Design Consultant, A&D Technical Consultant, Product Specialist, Sales Agent, Design, Architectural Consultant, Architectural Design, Lead Generation, Design Consultant, Sales Designer will be considered for this role.
Apply for A&D Technical Consultant / Account Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly