1st and 2nd Line Support Engineer. Portishead
1st and 2nd Line Technical Support Engineer - Windows Desktop, Windows Server. Portishead, Bristol.
We are looking for a hands-on 1st and 2nd line support engineer with strong internal user support experience.
You must be a strong character and be accustomed to working and dealing with challenging user personalities, and being comfortable pushing back in a professional manner when necessary.
1st and 2nd Line Technical Support Engineer - Key Skills:
- Current 1st line and 2nd line support experience.
- Excellent user support experience.
- Good experience supporting end users, face to face, via phone and other remote access methods.
- Good Windows Desktop support experience.
- Hardware Builds / Desktop installations.
- Some Windows Server support.
- Network Support (e.g. WAN/LAN connectivity, Routers, Firewalls, and security).
- SQL Server
- Must have a valid UK driving license.
- Must be comfortable travelling 1 to 2 days a month across the UK.
- Must be an excellent communicator.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
1st and 2nd Line Technical Support Engineer - Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of virtual environments e.g. VMware, Hyper-V etc.
- Certification such as MCP or a degree within an IT discipline would be a distinct advantage.
1st and 2nd Line Technical Support Engineer - About the Role:
Your role as the 1st and 2nd Line Support Engineer ( Windows Desktop, Windows Server, Networking ) will involve:
- Providing an in-house 1st and 2nd line support resource.
- Supporting a small user base of 200 users.
- Troubleshooting 1st line through to 2nd line support issues.
- Troubleshooting hardware, software and network problems.
- Installing, maintaining and support Windows Desktops, software applications and hardware accessories.
For more information on this 1st and 2nd Line Technical Support Engineer role, please apply now for an interview.