Fault Investigation Engineer - 6 Month
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Fault Investigation Engineer to join GP Strategies Ltd (GPSL) on a six month temporary basis. This position is based in Yeovil.
Your role is to provide an efficient interface for technical investigations on company product parts identified between the customer and the industry for the following areas:
- Fault / Accident Investigation.
- Warranty Claim Investigation.
Your purpose is to provide the business with a proficient level of specialist skills and knowledge drawn from your given technical or professional discipline. You will apply this expertise to analyse problems and challenges that arise within your own work place or area of expertise and will contribute to the development of realistic, workable solutions.
You will act as a task manager in support of a variety of projects within your area of operations and/or technical expertise. You are to ensure the effective and timely delivery of value-added products and/or services designed to meet fully the needs and expectations of your customers, stakeholders and the business.
You will use a range of existing methods, tools, and techniques to deliver effective and high quality products and services.
Product Development and Delivery
- Monitor the progress of aircraft contracted work through the department, to maintain agreed KPIs and contractual requirements, with due regard for cost, time, quality, and resource usage.
- Maintain effective control for the preparation, approval, issue, register and control of records for Fault and Warranty Investigations.
- Identify flight safety issues to the Engineering Support Manager for discussion at Helicopter Safety Committee Meetings.
- Review regularly the department output for investigations and to assess for process improvement. This includes where changes in systems and technology permit.
- Maintain specialist knowledge in support of platform Aircraft fault investigation.
- Manage task allocation in consultation with other department Principal Engineers to ensure a balanced workload.
- Convey investigation requirements and objectives to individual members of staff.
- Ensure that the work is correct, approved and distributed back to the customer.
- Maintain a safe and productive office environment that complies with company Health & Safety Standards.
- Discuss with Line Manager, where there are gaps or potential gaps in departmental capabilities to meet present or future business needs or commitments.
- Monitor equipment, systems and facilities and to recommend changes to Line Manager where necessary.
- Ensure maintenance of the Fault Investigation system and documentary control of the tasks placed on the department. (Operating electronically within SAP and OpFeed Database systems).
- Provide historical data / case histories to the customer / stakeholders (all aircraft) in support of company initiatives, significant arisings and modification proposals.
- Produce monthly statistical data across all aircraft for incorporation into the Engineering Support Managers Business Control Meeting.
In return for this you will receive a competitive salary.
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
GPSTL is a wholly owned subsidiary of GP Strategies Corporation. GP Strategies trades on the New York Stock Exchange as GPX. Founded in 1966, with a world-wide staff of 1700 professionals, GP Strategies is one of the largest consultancy and training providers in the world and has provided training support in over 70 countries. GP Strategies has been trading in the UK since 1997, and its UK acquisitions have been trading since 1972. Our core business is training and development.
It is the policy of GPSL that all eligible persons shall have an equal opportunity for employment on the basis of merit.
recruitx ref: 52812042 / INDHP