Marketing Assistant, Sports Manufacturing Company based in West Yorkshire, £18,000 to £21,000 dependent on experience.
We are a sports and games manufacturing and distribution company based in West Yorkshire and specialising in supplying goods to the pre-school, education and high performance sports sectors. Formed in 1990, the Company has 25 years’ experience in the industry with clients worldwide.
We are now looking for a Marketing Assistant to support the Sales and Marketing Director of our company in its primary and administrative duties. You will assist in organizing campaigns and developing marketing strategies.
Your work will be a critical factor for the smooth operation of the department and the attainment of its goals, as well as for the long term growth of the company.
Marketing Assistant Main Duties:
- Undertake daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the department’s activities
- Support marketing executives in organising various projects
- Conduct market research and analyse consumer rating reports/questionnaires
- Employ marketing analytics techniques to gather important data (social media, web analytics, rankings etc.)
- Update spreadsheets, databases and inventories with statistical, financial and non-financial information
- Assist in the organising of promotional events and traditional or digital campaigns
- Prepare and deliver promotional presentations
- Compose and post online content on the company’s website and social media accounts
- Write marketing literature (brochures, press releases etc.) to augment the company’s presence in the market
- Communicate directly with clients and encourage trusting relationships
Marketing Assistant Necessary Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience as a marketing assistant is essential
- Minimum Grade C GCSE (or equivalent) in maths and English essential
- Good understanding of office management and marketing principles
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Well-organised with a customer-oriented approach
- Good knowledge of market research techniques and databases
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator, and online applications (CRM tools, Online analytics, Google Adwords etc.)
- Excellent communication and people skills
- BSc in Marketing, Business or relevant field is a strong advantage.