Factory Manager / General Operations Manager - Manufacturing
Job title: General Operations Manager
Salary: Highly Competitive
Hours: Permanent, Full time
With 30 years' experience and a genuine passion for sleep, they're Britain's leading bed specialist, providing customers with everything they need for a great night's sleep.
Based at their Bed Factory in Oldbury (West Midlands), they are looking for an experienced General Operations Manager. You'll work with the Bed Factory Management team to lead, develop, and implement strategies, policies, and best practices. You'll play a significant role in long-term strategic planning, systems and controls of the factory, working closely with the Production Manager to achieve these objectives and drive performance.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Manage and increase effectiveness and efficiency of workforce within the factory
- Manage key performance indicators and support in the effective management against the criteria
- Able to balance the need to meet production levels, whilst maintaining quality standards, working within Health & Safety limits and manage the workforce capability
- Must be able to monitor production performance, against pre-set KPI's and key business measures
- Introduce cost-justified automation, where appropriate
- Ability to lead, and develop, the workforce (factory & site maintenance team, distribution & warehousing functions)
- Direct annual budgeting and planning process for the organization's annual budget
Ideally you'll have experience of the Bedding Industry; or automotive Industry would be considered with some retail experience being desirable. You'll have strong experience in change management and continuous improvement whilst having the ability to operate at both a strategic and operational level. Building strong relationships along with the adaptability to manage a diverse team both directly and indirectly will be fundamental to the success of this role.
You'll be a strong communicator with excellent organisational, prioritisation and administrative skills but most of all you'll have a passion to work for Britain's leading bed specialist.
It's a great place to work, where everyone works as a team, a place where we recognise and celebrate success.
To apply for this role please click APPLY and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the application portal.
Candidates with experience of; Factory Coordinator, Production Planner, Material Scheduler, Factory Manager, Works Manager, Factory Supervisor, Operations Manager, Production Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Operations Director, Production Controller, Production Manager, Production Engineering, Production coordinator, Engineering Manager, Manufacturing Manager, General Manager, Production Supervisor, Manufacturing Engineer, QA Manager, Production Manufacturing, Production Manager, Engineering Planner will also be considered for this role.