Maternity Cover- Sales Executive- Glasgow/Dumfries
Based in Dumfries or Glasgow
Maternity Cover (12/9 months contract)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our busy sales team based at our offices in either Dumfries or Glasgow. Do you have a real passion for building relationships with clients? If so then this could be the role for you and with real progression prospects.
Media Scotland is Scotland's largest print and digital publisher. The company comprises of the iconic and multi award-winning national titles, the Daily Record and Sunday Mail, a market-leading portfolio of 17 local newspapers from Dumfries to Perthshire, our authoratitive Business Insider magazine, a successful and growing events division and many commercial websites. We form part of Trinity Mirror plc which is one of the UK's Top Ten companies employing more than six thousand people across sixty-plus locations around the country.
Our drive to capture, present and analyse the news inspired the launch of our very first papers in the early 19th Century. And today our commitment is just as strong. Whether via page or screen, our audiences get the trusted, reliable news service they have come to expect. Our loyal readers and advertisers are attracted by the knowledge, insight and vital services that our iconic brands provide. None of this would be possible without our dedicated employees driving the business forward.
- Identify potential client opportunities
- Drive frequent sales through strong customer relationships
- Understand the peaks and troughs that influence the way customers advertise
- Review response and forward plan creative campaigns
- Drive revenue from infrequent advertisers and other/feedback customer issues/queries/testimonials
- Use the portfolio to develop and sell tailored products / solutions to customers based on their needs
- Develop industry, product and customer specific knowledge using provided marketing material and reach/response data (including competitive titles and products)
- Regular review needs and regularly review benefits of existing clients
- Participate in features and maintain up to date sales materials
- Use Sentinel system / CRM
- Be creative in relation to a sale where appropriate
- Set up new accounts
- Create quotes, close sales, create copy/visual ideas & liaise with colleagues from all departments, as appropriate
- Complete after-sales calls with review opportunities
- Deliver service levels as agreed with the customer
- Proactively present contracts to encourage commitment to long term advertising
- Respond to queries with a given timeframe
Are you looking for your first sales role and the opportunity to prove yourself? You will receive outstanding induction training plus ongoing support and have a real opportunity for progression within our business. You will be focussed on the sale of products to maximise revenue potential with the ability to network and negotiate. A high standard of verbal and written communication is required as well as the ability to generate leads. A self starter, who can manage your time and meet and deliver to deadlines, then contact us now.
What you need to know
Trinity Mirror plc has a strong benefits package, which includes, for this role, a competitive base salary, 25 days holidays plus Bank holidays, a competitive pension along with an extensive flexible benefits portfolio (to be discussed at interview).
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.