Graduate Facilities Manager
Graduate Facilities Manager
Graduate Facilities Manager overview:
The purpose of the role will be to support the Estates and Property Manager across our sites spread across London and the UK organising the day to day operations and planning strategically to improve efficiency and reduce the cost.
Applicants will be responsible for the support and maintenance of business critical of a portfolio of high end restaurants, where the highest standards have to be met.
Day to day operations:
- Responding quickly and professionally to all issues that arise on sites.
- Monitoring performance of contractors on sites
- Directing, coordinating and planning essential central services such as security, maintenance, mail, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and recycling
- Ensuring the building meets health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation
- Checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed to a high standard and following up on any deficiencies;
- Make sure that all the equipment in the sites are properly maintained and kept in good working order
- Continued inspection and management of the building stock
- Assisting with the setting and managing of budgets & monitoring expenditure, making adjustments on an emergency basis
- Making sure that every expenditure works toward creating a more efficient work environment.
- Procurement and contract management
- Searching out ways to cut costs while adequately maintaining the business premises
- calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money
- project management and supervising and coordinating work of contractors
- managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities
- using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement
Graduate Facilities Manager candidate:
- The preferred graduate would have a background studying in Facilities Management, Building Surveying or the Built environment. Facility Managers who have experience in the restaurant and leisure sector will also be considered for this positon.
- Experience in kitchen and ventilation, air-conditioning, building managements systems would be favourable. As would and any Health & Safety Qualification or experience in risk as assessments or asbestos or legionella inspection or assessments
- A good eye for detail and knowledge of building elements, specifications, maintenance of many different building types will be required.
- Excellent time management skills are required and you will also need to be self-motivated to ensure the business is fully supported at all times.
There is an opportunity for continued professional development for the successful candidate. A significant investment will be made in providing training courses and qualifications to succeed in the working environment. A clear career path with industry and recognised qualifications is envisaged for the applicant, so dedication to professional excellence is a core requirement.
If you feel that you may be suitable for this Graduate Facilities Manager role, then please apply now!