Residential Support Workers – Children and Young People
We are looking to recruit caring and passionate Residential Support Workers based on the southern outskirts of Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
Would you make a fantastic Residential Support Worker?
We provide specialist residential care helping children and young people age 16-25 with a range of needs including Physical Disabilities, Autism, Learning Disabilities and Complex needs this does include Challenging Behaviour. We have a multi-disciplinary team who provide positive therapeutic and behavioural approaches, to enable our young people to reach their potential. The Residential Home is set in a rural setting and when we visited presented a warm, friendly, homely environment with a really nice feel to it.
What does a Residential Support Worker Do?
You will build relationships with the young people, working alongside them as one of their key workers. You will learn about our individual’s specific needs and help meet those needs in the most appropriate way. The people we support have complex needs which may include challenging behaviour. You will assist our individuals with daily living skills and taking care of their personal hygiene.
What are the hours of a Residential Support Worker & Benefits?
- Starting at £8.01 per hour
- Days Shifts 07:30-20:30pm working on a rolling rota (Includes every other weekend)
- Night Shifts 20:30-07:30am working on a rolling rota (includes every other weekend)
- Free QCF Training and ongoing support
- Career progression opportunities are there for those wanting to progress to Senior Support Worker or Managerial Level.
What experience do I need to work with Children and Young People with Autism as a Support Worker?
- No experience is necessary as full training will be given, although knowledge of Learning or Physical Disabilities would be advantageous.
- A desire to want to make a difference to someone’s life is essential
- Willing complete your QCF Level 3 in Residential Childcare
- A good understanding of what the job involves as the role can be challenging.
- The ability to work in a team.
- We will accept applications from Male or Female applicants.
Want to Apply? Not sure whether to apply? You have further questions?
Please click on apply and we will discuss the job vacancy with you and answer any questions you may have before progressing your application.
Our Residential Support Worker job vacancies are based on the Southern Outskirts of Stevenage and could be commutable from; Royston, Duxford, Biggleswade, Letchworth Garden City and surrounding Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire areas.