Complex Home Care Assistant Jobs, Cornwall
Newcross Healthcare require experienced carer’s to provide home care to our clients in the Cornwall area, with shifts available across the county from Lands End to Launceston. Rotas follow structured weekly working patterns, but with a range of shifts available including days, nights, weekends or a combination of these.
Our clients have a variety of complex health care needs including Motor Neurone Disease (MND), Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Mental Health issues and physical needs such as PEG feeds. As such we require a care team to provide essential care and support for them, enabling them to live fulfilled lives.
It would be advantageous that you have worked in similar environments previously and are able to work well under pressure, although full training and client specific introductions will be provided. You will have gained experience through working with clients with similar health needs in any of the areas listed below;–
- Mental Health
- PEG Feeding
- Mobility Issues requiring the use of specialist equipment and hoisting
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Spinal Injury
- Degenerative Medical Conditions (such as Motor Neurone Disease)
- Palliative Care
- Health related home based care and support
Within this role you will be responsible for assisting with key health provision functions as listed, including administering medication, personal care and healthcare tasks to assist our client with day to day living. Our person centred service is designed to enable our client to interact with their family and also the local community as much as possible, enabling them to maximise their independence and live a fulfilling life.
You will form an integral part of the Newcross Care at Home team in this varied and rewarding role, delivering person-centred care in accordance with a personalised care and support plan.
You will have access to comprehensive training and 24 hour support, and in order to ensure that you always have enough work you will be employed on a permanent, flexible contract with guaranteed hours.Due to the nature and location of this role, access to your own transport, or being based locally is essential.
Further benefits of joining Newcross as a Complex Care Assistant include:
- Excellent salary, paid weekly plus night, weekend and bank holiday enhancements
- Structured rota with holiday pay earned on top of hourly rate
- Agreed mileage and travel expenses for most clients
- Free uniform and criminal record (DBS) check
- Free ongoing training and uniform earned as you work
- Your own online account area to enter availability, download timesheets and receive payslips
- One-to-one relationship with a dedicated service manager
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
To apply for this role, you will need to have:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.