IT Services Senior Technician / Senior IT Helpdesk Technician
Job Title: IT Services Senior Technician
Salary: Up to £ 24k (depending on skills and experience)
Position: Full Time, Permanent
The Buckingham is the UK's only independent University with a Royal Charter. Having led the National Student Survey rankings for the last 8 years, the University continues to place great emphasis on the welfare and development of its 2,000 or so students.
The University is seeking to appoint a talented and committed IT Services Senior Technician to perform a key role in assisting students and staff with second line support queries. The successful candidate will be involved with a variety of service desk, desktop, telephone, remote and client facing support and you will be given many opportunities to get involved with a range of IT work.
- To assist the Helpdesk Manager in the coordination and providing technical help for the Universities three technicians.
- To provide second level IT support to students and staff.
- Being part the helpdesk team resolving IT issues.
- Acting as a point of escalation for more challenging issues.
- Ensure that incidents are resolved in a timely manner, keeping customers informed at all times.
- Proactively help resolve tickets where required.
- Demonstrate a commitment to deliver excellent customer service.
- Demonstrate maximum effort aiming to exceed expectations.
- To participate in Third Line projects as and when required.
To apply you must have excellent customer service and quality management skills equipped with the passion, resources and commercial insight to help achieve them. You will be working with a wide range of technologies as part of a friendly and dedicated team, in a great environment.
Candidates should have experience in some of the following:
- Windows client operating systems, Microsoft Office suite
- Apple hardware and OS, Android/windows/Apple phones and tablets
- Active Directory / MS Exchange Knowledge covering user accounts, mailbox and group policy administration, Antivirus software, Networking knowledge covering LAN/vLAN/WAN technologies HTML, Programming/Scripting skills, Call logging software, Client builds and Imaging
- A full driver's license is required as the role covers driving between University sites within Buckingham.
Closing Date: Friday 28 October 2016
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page.
IMPORTANT: Please read through this information carefully.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/SBS, Exchange 2007/10/13, Microsoft Office 2007-2016/365, Windows 7/8/10, VMware, Virtualisation, SAN, Microsoft SQL 2005-2014, Citrix, Thin Clients, Symantec Back-up Exec 12.5/2010/2012, Veeam, Acronis Backup, Networking, Switches, Routers, LAN/WAN/IPSec/MPLS, SSL VPN, Printers, Blackberry Enterprise Server, SonicWALL Firewalls, System/Enterprise Monitoring Tools, Shell Scripting, Active Directory Application Deployment, IT Analyst, IT Lead, IT Technician, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Services Manager, IT Desk Support, 1st Line Support, IT Manager 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, Desktop Support, 1st Line Support Engineer, 1st Line Support, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Support, Helpdesk Support Technician, Helpdesk Support, Fault Desk, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician, IT Systems Support will also be considered for this role.
Apply for IT Services Senior Technician / Senior IT Helpdesk Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly