IT Services Network Engineer / ICT Support Technician
Job Title: IT Services Network Engineer
Salary: Up to £40k (depending on experience and skills)
Role: Full Time, Permanent
The University is the UK's only independent University with a Royal Charter. Having led the National Student Survey rankings for the last 8 years, they continues to place great emphasis on the welfare and development of its 2,000 or so students.
As a key member of the IT Services team, the Network Engineer will play a pivotal role in raising the level of ICT services offered to the University. Experience of network and server support, together with project management skills are therefore essential. The Network Engineer will be a senior member of the IT Services team and will be capable of making significant decisions alone, based on a sound analytical approach.
- Installing, securing, configuring and administering TCP/IP Ethernet networks; including cabling, firewalls, switches, routers, VLANs, WAN links and VPNs
- A solid understanding of the principals, technologies and best practices involved in running the above "network components"
- Scripted administration of Windows and Unix/Linux systems (e.g. VBscript, Powershell, Bash, Php).
- A working knowledge of computer hardware (servers, workstations and portable devices)
- Assisting with the management and running of the University's Server and storage virtualisation platforms
Candidates should have a mixture of the below, certainly not ALL of them
TCP/IP Ethernet networks; CISCO IOS or HP CLI, Linux scripting and administration, Windows client operating systems, VLAN configuration, VPN's, VBSCRIPT, PowerShell, Bash, PHP, Microsoft Office suite, Apple hardware and OS, Android/windows/Apple phones and tablets. Active Directory / MS Exchange Knowledge covering user accounts, mailbox and group policy administration, Antivirus software, HTML.
A Full driver's license is required as the role covers driving between University sites within Buckingham.
Closing Date: 5pm on Friday 28 October 2016
We anticipate that initial telephone interviews will be held within two weeks of the closing date.
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page.
Candidates with experience of; Business Support Engineer, Network Engineer, IT Support Engineer, Server Engineer, 3rd Line Support, IT Support Engineer, IT Analyst, ICT Networks Engineer, Field Support Engineer, ICT Services Engineer, 3rd Line Support, Engineer, IT Field Engineer, Field Engineer, Analyst, IT Analyst, Network Support Engineer, IT Services Engineer, 3rd Line Senior Engineer, Cisco, CCNA, CCNP, MCITP, MCSE, 2rd Line Senior Engineer, Senior IT Support Engineer will also be considered for this role.