IT Services Technician / IT Support Analyst / IT Helpdesk
Job Title: IT Services Technician
Salary: Up to £ 22k (depending on skills and experience)
Position: Full Time, Permanent
The University is the UK's only independent University with a Royal Charter. Having led the National Student Survey rankings for the last 8 years, the University continues to place great emphasis on the welfare and development of its 2,000 or so students.
The company is seeking to appoint a talented and committed IT Services Technician to perform a key role in assisting students and staff with second line support queries. The successful candidate will be involved with a variety of service desk, desktop, telephone, remote and client facing support and you will be given many opportunities to get involved with a range of IT work.
- To provide second level IT support to students and staff.
- Being part the helpdesk team resolving IT issues.
- Acting as a point of escalation for more challenging issues.
- Ensure that incidents are resolved in a timely manner, keeping customers informed at all times.
- Proactively help resolve tickets where required.
- Demonstrate a commitment to deliver excellent customer service.
- Demonstrate maximum effort aiming to exceed expectations.
- To participate in Third Line projects as and when required.
- Candidates must have excellent customer service and quality management skills, equipped with the passion, resources and commercial insight to help achieve them.
- You will be working with a wide range of technologies as part of a friendly and dedicated team, in a great environment.
Candidates should have experience in some of the following:
- Windows client operating systems, Microsoft Office suite
- Apple hardware and OS, Android/wind ows/Apple phones and tablets
- Active Directory / MS Exchange Knowledge covering user accounts, mailbox and group policy administration, Antivirus software, Networking knowledge covering LAN/vLAN/WAN technologies HTML, Programming/Scripting skills, Call logging software, Client builds and Imaging.
- A full driver's license is required as the role covers driving between University sites within Buckingham.
Closing Date: 5pm on Friday 28 October 2016
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page.
IMPORTANT: Please read through this information carefully.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Windows Support, IT Analyst, IT Lead, IT Technician, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Services Manager, IT Desk Support, 1st Line Support, IT Manager 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, Junior HTML Designer, Desktop Support, 1st Line Support Engineer, 1st Line Support, Support Technician, HTML programmer, IT Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Support, SEO Support, Helpdesk Support Technician, Helpdesk Support, Fault Desk, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician, IT Systems Support will also be considered for this role.