Care Assistant / Support Worker
Ark Health is a nationwide care provider with a family feel. Our business is growing and we are looking for caring, reliable and dedicated people to join our family in Wakefield.
Whether you are brand new to care or have worked in the industry for many years, we have a Care Assistant / Support Worker role for you.
Rate Of Pay: £8.00 - £9.00 per hour + benefits
Making a Difference
Working in care is a unique career, every day is different, with fresh challenges but also rewarding achievements. After you finish your care shift, you can go home knowing you have made a difference to people’s lives – not everyone can say that.
There are real opportunities for progression as a Care Assistant / Support Worker at Ark; many of our Operations Directors and Branch Managers progressed from Care Worker roles – the world of care is your oyster.
Day to Day Duties of a Care Assistant / Support Worker
Ark Care Workers work out in the Wakefield community, helping people to live well in their own homes. Your general duties will include:
– Assisting with personal care i.e. bathing, dressing, skin care, shaving, oral care and toileting
– Helping with general tasks such as collection of prescriptions and paying bills
– Meal preparation i.e. menu planning, preparing and serving foods
– Domestic duties including changing beds, laundry, ironing and shopping
– Assisting with medication
– Companionship – individuals may not have any family and you may be their only visitor that day
Benefits of Working for Ark:
– Competitive pay
– Local Wakefield work and flexible hours
– Free induction and ongoing training, including QCF and Apprenticeship qualifications
– Free uniform and equipment
– Generous staff referral bonus scheme (for referring your first friend we will pay you £200 and then for each additional friend we will increase this amount e.g. if you refer five friends we will pay you £1250 – what a bonus!)
– Paid Holidays
– Benefits schemes including pension and childcare vouchers
Applicants must be drivers with daily access to a vehicle.
We’ve got local interviews available immediately so if you want to find out more about this Care Assistant / Support Worker opportunity, click “Apply” today.
This Care Assistant / Support Worker role may be relevant if you have previous experience of: Residential Support Worker, Care Worker, Social Care, Social Worker, Home Support, Child Support, Care Coordinator, Disability Support, Vulnerable Care, Elderly Care, Adult Care, Mental Health Worker, Relief Carer, Waking Night Worker, Outreach Support, Dementia Care, Healthcare Assistant, Nurse, Nursing Assistant, Youth Worker and Project Worker.