Accounts Assistant – Join a Busy Finance Team (AWDO-P2830)
Accounts Assistant with a basic understanding of Accountancy and Book Keeping required for a busy Finance Team with a Company based in Lupton, Carnforth, Lancashire.
SALARY: up to £17,000 (depending on experience)
We have a fantastic new job opportunity within a busy Finance Team for an Accounts Assistant that has a basic understanding of Accountancy and Book Keeping principles.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, the Accounts Assistant is responsible for a broad range of duties including financial and support related responsibilities.
As the Accounts Assistant you will also liaise closely with the HR Administrator, administer employee timesheets and provide telephone support cover for holiday and sickness absence when required.
As a successful candidate you will demonstrate a high attention to detail and the ability to complete activities accurately and to deadlines, which are critical elements of the role.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Duties and responsibilities as the Accounts Assistant include:
- Maintenance of supplier accounts on the accounting system (‘Xero’)
- Administration of the internal Purchase Order system.
- Accurate processing of supplier invoices within the Finance Department (inputting on Xero and filing)
- Reconciliation of supplier statements in a timely and accurate manner
- Undertake credit control activities as required
- Preparing on-line banking transactions and completing account reconciliations
- Management and administration of petty cash
- Reconcile credit cards with receipts
- Analysis of ledger balances as required
- Other finance related activities as directed by the Financial Controller
- Provide monthly information to HR administrator in relation to variations (new starters / leavers / sickness / overtime)
- Administering Employee timesheets
- Providing telephone support cover for holidays and sickness absence and as required, answering the telephone with consistent professionalism
- Coordination of vehicle administration including MOT and car tax
- Maintaining sub-contractor records for legislative compliance
- Undertake minor procurement activities as required
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Strong understanding of the workings of an office
- Basic understanding of accountancy and book keeping
- Would hold or be working towards an AAT certificate or related accountancy qualification
- Excellent interpersonal skills - to deal with customers and external contacts
- Good organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to work to, and sometimes implement own processes
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Accountancy / Finance Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies in Lupton, Carnforth, Lancashire
AWD online operates as an employment agency