2nd / 3rd Line / End User Support Engineer / Senior Technician
Job Title: Senior End User Support Engineer
Location: Bagshot, Surrey
Salary: up to £22,000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday (Includes shift work and some nights)
Our Client is a leading Managed Service provider of IT Consultancy and Infrastructure services, delivering secure and highly-available solutions that solve business problems. They are currently looking to recruit for a Senior End User Support Engineer based at their office in Bagshot, Surrey.
The main purpose of this role is to provide high quality technical end user support to the Company's clients and internal customers ensuring that incident and problem tickets are managed within SLA thereby supporting the company's commitment to achieving 100% customer satisfaction.
In addition the role of a Senior End User engineer is to support the team leader and department manager by mentoring and supporting End User colleagues and ensuring that key department tasks are completed. You will also be responsible for ensuring that that the appropriate checks and investigation has been carried out before escalation of tickets on your shift to the technical support team.
- Provide incident management support to client's ensuring all incidents are progressed and rectified in line with agreed SLA targets and maintaining at all times a clear and concise communication flow with the clients.
- Work with the client and both internal resources and external third parties to resolve technical faults as they arise and keep the client up to date with progress as required until issues are resolved.
- Identify the appropriate third party support required to resolve issues where they cannot be managed internally.
- Responsible for actioning tier 1 monitoring alerts, converting where appropriate to incidents and ensuring they are followed up.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely completion of operational Requests for Change (RFCs) in line with the Company's Change Management process and in order to meet agreed targets or prioritisation.
- As directed by the Team leader/Department manager ensure that the following standard checks are completed each day:
- Backup Checks - Actifio
- Backup Checks - TSM
- Symantec AV reports
- As directed by the Team Leader/Department manager create, amend and update "run books" required to promote knowledge sharing and more efficient ticket resolution.
- Report any actual or potential security risks or incidents you become aware of to your line manager and, if required, the Security Manager.
- Manage, through to satisfactory conclusion all support calls and problem tickets escalated to you by either the Team Leader or the Department Manager and in line with the requirements of any SLAs
- Meet your obligation to support out of hours working or attending a client's site as required by the business and in line with any published rota.
- Develop and maintain standardised technical documentation for and deliver technical training to the EUS team as required to ensure their ability to resolve issues right first time is maintained.
- Use your experience and expertise to support the EUS team and beyond your own function where appropriate providing training and mentoring on a regular basis
- Build and maintain effective and productive working relationships with both colleagues and third parties.
Professional / Personal Skills and Experience:
- Has a track record of delivering success in a similar role within an IT or professional services business.
- Has in-depth knowledge and operational understanding of the Windows operating systems used by the company's clients.
- Significant experience of Incident, Problem and Change Management from an operational perspective.
- Is client and solution focused and is prepared to go the extra mile to resolve client issues to their satisfaction without compromising the viability of the contract.
- Has the ability to listen effectively, to diagnose a client's problem and find an appropriate solution.
- Strong attention to detail in the way client's issues are resolved and then recorded on the company's Service Management Platform.
- Capable of being highly responsive were required, has a strong sense of urgency and a commitment to follow through.
- An effective communicator who engages with the business and makes a valuable contribution to its success beyond your own function.
- Had experience of writing processes and procedures and delivering technical training.
- Shows a strong interest in the technologies the Company uses and continually develops knowledge of those and new ones for the benefit of the business and its clients.
As no relocation fees will be provided, our client can only accept applications from candidates eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with previous Job Titles or Experience of; Senior End User Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, IT Technician, Senior Helpdesk Engineer, Helpdesk Support Engineer, Infrastructure Support Engineer, Senior Helpdesk Support Engineer, IT Support Specialist, IT Support Lead, 2nd Line Support Engineer, 3rd Line Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support Technician, 3rd Line Support Technician may also be considered for this role.