Finance Business Partner
Royal London Group
Finance Business Partner, Edinburgh
Salary c. GBP50,000 - GBP60,000 + Excellent Benefits
Benefits - Bonus, 28 days holiday + stats, contributory pension
A 150 year old company founded on the principles of self-reliance and community, Royal London is the UK's largest mutual pensions, insurance and Investment Company. Group businesses provide around 9.1 million policies and employ 3,106 people across operations in London, Bath, Edinburgh, Wilmslow, Glasgow and Reading, with Group funds under management of GBP93.8 billion.
Owned by our members, rather than by shareholders, our financial performance is robust over both the short and long term. Our aim is to become the most trusted and recommended provider of insurance and investment products in the eyes of our customers.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Business Partner to join the business in Edinburgh on a permanent basis. The key purpose of this role will be to protect and create value in specific business areas of Royal London by providing insight and challenge on priority business issues.
- Influence, work collaboratively and drive performance across the Protection and Ireland businesses.
- Act as the primary liaison point between the Group Finance Division and the protection business unit and represent that Business Unit within the wider finance function to facilitate mutual understanding, alignment and the prompt and effective resolution of any issues arising.
- Challenge the Business Unit management teams to deliver additional value at every opportunity.
Business Decision Support
- Commercially focussed support for business cases, new contracts, organisational design etc. Build financial projections of potential changes utilising business inputs. Bring clarity and transparency to Business Unit decision makers around the drivers of value and the consequences of actions.
- Employ a risk based, and commercially optimised approach to decision making within the Business Unit.
- Collaborate with specialist finance functions in response to Business Unit option evaluation and assessment.
- Assist Head of Finance with the shaping and scoping of initiatives to deliver long term financial performance of the Business Unit.
- Support evaluation of strategic opportunities in Business Unit.
Key Skills & experience:
The ideal candidate will possess a Professional Accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ICAS, ICAEW, ACA etc.) along with experience in a Commercial Finance/Business Control/Decision Support role, ideally within a protection or financial services environment.
- Business insight - Ability to identify and act upon drivers of value for the Business Unit and Royal London as a whole
- Business understanding - Broad and deep understanding of the business, products and customers, and understanding of the real drivers of business outcomes to support decision making.
- Anticipation of future - Thinks through forward looking issues, options and projections, not just historical analysis, to drive strategy and planning into the future.
- Influences decisions - Possess strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills to be able to challenge and influence business decisions.
- Builds strong relationships - Builds effective strategic working relationships with business colleagues to the benefit of the business.
- Looks beyond finance - Able to successfully use both financial and non-financial information to support decision making.
- Active on business teams - respected by the business as a value-adding Finance peer and not seen merely as a support function providing the numbers
- Should show a strong business curiosity.
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact (see below)