1 day left
- Full Time
Finance Officer (Procurement)
Salary: VH Scale 4 - 5 (£17,501 - £20,847)
16 Months Fixed Term Contract– 35 hours per week
Housingrecruit.com is advertising for a Finance Officer (Procurement) on behalf of their client, a leading social housing provider based in Croxteth.
The organisation is about to enter a period of significant procurement activity and is looking to recruit a Finance Officer to increase the capacity of the team. It is expected that this post may become permanent in the future, but it is being offered on a fixed term basis at this time. The Procurement service provides advice, guidance and support to officers on areas such as procurement regulations, Value for Money, new product/supplier sourcing, procurement strategies and contract management.
The Procurement function has been devolved to Directors, Heads of service and Operational managers. This role is to support the Procurement officer in providing dedicated support for procurement projects, contract management and performance monitoring. The Finance Officer will report to the Finance Manager but will work closely with the Procurement Officer on a day to day needs.
The organisation uses In-Tend as its e-procurement/e-contract management system. The system is used widely across the organisation in the sourcing of goods & services and as a contract management tool.
- Becoming an In-Tend super user providing training and support to local users
- Assisting in creating quick quotes, tenders, evaluation models and contract records
- Carrying out In-Tend housekeeping duties including tender opening / contract awarding / tender clarifications / contract register reviews / project monitoring
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Proficient in your ability to use Microsoft Office packages
- Good organisational skills & ability to prioritise workloads
- GCSE, or equivalent, in English and Maths grade A-C
- A basic knowledge of procurement processes & contract management
- A good understanding of VFM principles
Closing Date: 25th October 2016
How to apply:
Please click the apply button to go to the recruiter's website where you will be required to complete the application process.