QA Technologist (Housewares)
Due to huge growth in the business, we are currently looking for outstanding candidates to join our growing Merchandising and Supply Chain teams at our UK HQ in Chadderton, Greater Manchester. We have a variety of opportunities available including a QA Technologist.
As QA Technologist for the Company you will act as the dedicated contact for your customer QA teams and will be responsible for managing any quality related issues or queries within agreed timescales. You will also be responsible for the QA approval of non-FE sourced goods such as housewares, kitchenware, ceramics and laundry items to ensure goods ship on time, in full and to the correct quality.
Ultimate Products Ltd is currently experiencing fantastic success off the back of our branded strategy and has seen turnover rise from £50m to £80m in just 2 years. The forecasted figures show continual increases that are likely to exceed our £100m turnover target in less than 2 years time. As a result the Company is currently on a massive recruitment drive to expand its core departments and support the upcoming business expansion.
With a focus on branded products across 12 different consumer categories, including Housewares, Electrical SDA and Audio, we’re dedicated to providing high quality products at competitive prices. Our brand portfolio includes heritage brands such as Beldray and Progress as well as established brands including Russell Hobbs, Salter, Intempo, Disney, ZFrame & Constellation.
The roles available are at mid to senior level and will provide a fantastic opportunity to be involved in the success of the business through our order management and supply chain areas. This is an ideal role for an ambitious and career-focused individual who is eager to progress to senior levels within a dynamic and fast-paced company.
Duties are varied and involve:
- Acting as dedicated QA point of contact for customers
- Investigating, resolving and recording quality related issues raised by customers or authorities
- Working with Far East and UK teams to ensure QA product approval
- Diligent management of QA critical path for all orders.
- Liaising with factories to address quality issues highlighted during approval, inspection, online or following sales.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2 years experience of working in Quality Assurance with retail products. Knowledge of housewares products is desirable.
- Ability to multi task and prioritise enabling the successful management of projects.
- Good knowledge of current and impending legislation, testing and technical requirements would be advantageous
- Customer focused with a high level of commercial awareness.
- Excellent problem solving skills with high attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills in particular Excel
- Ability to work within a fast-paced and deadline-driven organisation
Competitive remuneration packages offered including benefits, solid career progression along with a full training programme and opportunity to travel. These roles are ideally suited for someone with a sound platform of relevant experience who is looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to further develop their skills, experience and career.
These are UK based jobs so please only UK applicants apply by sending covering letter and CV to Craig Holden, Group HR Director via our website http://upgs.com/careers/apply/
Keywords: Quality Assurance, Testing, Reporting, Retail, Products, Housewares, Homewares, Ceramics, Luggage, Laundry, Project Management, Progression, Brands, Technician, Technologist, Engineering, Supply Chain