Works Manager / Labour Controller - Manufacturing
Job Title: Works Manager
Location: Thirsk, North Yorkshire
A local company are looking for an experienced Works Manager used to a service based manufacturing environment to fit into their compact team. They are a dynamic small business with varied demands placed upon employees.
They must be used to operating in an environment with changing hourly/daily demands whilst at the same time being able to organise themselves to ensure longer term goals are still being met. They must be as comfortable addressing H&S and Quality system requirements as supervising labour.
The role has a mix of hands on supervision, short term programming/planning and medium to long term strategic delivery.
The candidate must be a skilled communicator at all levels of the business and be flexible in their approach to problem solving.
- Planning and programming ongoing requirements and the management of the production team to ensure goals and quality standards are met.
- Maintenance of H&S, QA and CE marking standards to a level that will withstand external audit. Incorporate new legislation into existing systems as and when required.
- Production and process system improvements.
- Liaise between departments and teams and also other group Companies.
- Manage and maintain Inventory accuracy.
- Experience of steel and fabrication would be an advantage- RWC even more so.
- A good level of educational achievement would be favourable.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Engineering Controller, Labour Manager, Works Manager, Works Controller, Manufacturing Controller, Labour Controller, Engineering Coordinator, Maintenance Controller, Manufacturing Works Manager, Maintenance Manager, Work Manager, Works Technician, Work Coordinator will also be considered for this role.