Healthcare Assistant Job in Wadebridge - Free Uniform & DBS!
Healthcare Assistant Job in Wadebridge
As a Newcross Healthcare Assistant with our Truro branch, you will take pride in giving the best possible quality of care to clients in a nursing or residential home setting in the Wadebridge area.
For a limited time, we are offering a free DBS check and free uniform when you join our team!
This is a flexible role and means you could be working for more than one home in the local area on a part time or full time basis, presenting the opportunity to tailor your rotas to suit family and other commitments. You should be willing to travel locally and due to the location of some clients, access to your own vehicle is desirable.
The Healthcare Assistant Job Role:
You will play an essential part in supporting the well being and quality of life of each individual in your care. Daily tasks may include assisting with washing and dressing, meal times, personal care and assisting with activities as required. You will need to have previous training in manual moving and handling.
Our business relies on the commitment and dedication of our employees to make a difference in the lives of the individuals we care for. We take pride in the quality of our care, so we’re looking for experienced care assistants with a genuine, caring approach as well as the skills to deliver person-centred care.
Benefits of being a Newcross Healthcare Assistant:
- Salary of up to £13.66/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Free uniform and criminal record check (DBS) (For a limited time!)
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Training available free through credits earned as you work
- 24 hour support through dedicated central team, 365 days a year
- Local line manager and branch support team
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
In order to be successful in this caring role, you will need to be a naturally compassionate person with a strong sense of empathy for those individuals in your care.
You will also need to have:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.