Care Assistant Job in Wadebridge - Free Uniform & DBS!
As a Newcross Care Assistant with our Truro branch, you can enjoy a range of benefits including flexible working hours tailored to your availability, local support through our dedicated branch staff and free ongoing training and development through our credits scheme.
And for a limited time we are also offering a free DBS check and uniform with this role!
We are seeking experienced carers to work in the Wadebridge area of Cornwall - in such a rural location it is desirable that you have access to your own transport. You will be providing first class care to clients in a nursing or residential home setting so experience in one of these settings is essential.
Day to day tasks in this role may include assisting with washing and dressing, meal times, personal care and enabling service users to participate in their favourite activities, living their life the way they choose.
Further benefits of working as a Newcross Care Assistant:
- Salary of up to £13.66/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Free uniform and criminal record check (DBS) (For a limited time!)
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Training available free through credits earned as you work
- 24 hour support through dedicated central team, 365 days a year
- Local line manager and branch support team
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
In order to be successful in this caring role, you will need to be a naturally compassionate person with a strong sense of empathy for those individuals in your care.
You will also need to have:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.