Weapons/Systems Engineer - Navy, Integration
A Weapons Systems Engineer experience is required to work on a three month contract with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Portsmouth.
This is an initial 3 month contract with a leading UK defence business.
Overview of the Weapons/Systems Engineer contract role
In country engineering support for Saudi Mid Life Update of AJ Class SRMH to deliver defined tasks within the weapons engineering (WE) programme of work for the MLU Project.
This will include defect rectification, the installation of modifications, systems commissioning and presentation for acceptance. To ensure that engineering information is fed through to line management to enable key engineering related risks and opportunities to be fully recognised and managed for projects (including emergent work, defects, modifications, integration and safety risks).
Key skills required for the Weapons/Systems Engineer
- Experience of repair, maintenance and integration of ship WE systems and equipment
- Good technical knowledge of naval platforms and WE systems.
- Broad WE systems engineering background, with working knowledge of lead discipline (WE) engineering. The ability to quickly understand emergent issues resulting from system commissioning and systems of system integration, overseeing the sentencing and where appropriate resolution of these issues at the necessary levels (II through to whole-ship system commissioning).
- An in depth knowledge across Naval Weapons Engineering equipment and systems.
- A good knowledge of current RN Naval engineering practices. A good understanding of vessel refit programmes & planned maintenance activities. Commissioning expertise, fault diagnosis and defect identification on WE systems in support of effective programme execution. Experience of systems and equipment presentation for testing & trials.
- Commissioning Engineer with good breadth and depth of experience in RN ships as well as good experience of maintenance and material state issues. Specific relevant knowledge of Sandown Class SRMH's would be a distinct advantage.
The role is based in Portsmouth, Hampshire - commutable from Southampton, Cowes, Isle of Wight, Salisbury, Winchester, Andover, Basingstoke, Guildford, Aldershot, Crawley, Horsham, Brighton, Worthing, Chichester
If you are a Weapons/Systems Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or please contact Kris Foston on (see below) or phone
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement/Purchasing/Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).