Bill of Materials Engineer
Bill of Materials Engineer
Salary: GBP35,000-GBP40,000 per annum + company benefits
Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
My Client is one of Europe's leading industrial service partners providing engineering knowledge and expertise.
Continued expansion and growth has led to an opening for a Bill of Materials Engineer to be based nationwide.
This is a key role with the prime responsibility to work alongside the customer to ensure all machines are surveyed as per customer's objectives resulting in fulfilment of a Bill of Materials listing.
This role will involve travel and long periods of staying away from home within the regions of the customer sites.
What the role involves:
- Monitor, be responsible for and promote health and safety within the site operations, ensuring adherence to Customer Health & Safety Policy at all times.
- Understanding of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Understand the Plant Identification Structure for the CMMS System.
- Produce Spare Parts Ledgers on all machines as designated by the customer.
- Cross reference components to CMMS system (parts associated).
- Understand the ideals of Standardisation/Rationalising/Substitution.
- Determining correct stocking policy for parts.
- Preparing (Master) data for upload (MS Excel).
- Liaising with site teams, Customer Engineers and Key stake holders.
- Produce and Update Project plan.
- Produce monthly reports to update Customer Management.
- You are responsible for your health and safety and have a duty of care for others around you within your working environment.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in an Industrial/Engineering environment.
Health & Safety
- An understanding of safe working practices in a BG environment.
- Required understanding of Electrical Safety/Machine Lockouts (LOTO etc)
- Required understanding of working at height principles.
- Carry out "On the job risk assessment principles"
- An Understanding of conducting risk assessments and preparing method statements.
- Able to recognise and identify (generic details and manufacturers data) of the following product families.
- Motors/gearboxes/geared motors/drives/inverters and control gear
- Chain/Sprockets/Taper Locks/Belts/Pulleys etc.
- Knowledge of SAP PM. Or Infor EAM
- Proficient user of windows based programmes, including CMMS.
- Familiar with Preventative Maintenance Strategies and ledger documentation
- Ability to prepare and deliver management information within required deadlines
- Proficient with a Digital Camera, uploading pictures and manipulating where necessary.
- Able to work unsupervised once fully trained and inducted.
- Able to work as part of an integrated team, feeding the BOM results into the Stores teams
- Ability to identify, justify and deliver engineering benefit savings
- Ability to develop and deliver continuous improvement initiatives
- HNC or Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronics Engineering is essential.
Applications are being reviewed immediately so please forward your CV as a matter of urgency.