1 day left
- Full Time
An exciting opportunity to join the Biovault Technical team and work for the largest private human tissue bank in the UK. Biovault is located in Derriford Science and Technology Park and has been established since 2003. Biovault is ISO and JACIE accredited, and also holds a HTA licence.
We currently offer the processing and storage of: cord blood, cord tissue, peripheral blood, bone marrow, bone products and tendons among others.
Day to day responsibilities are to receive, process, store and dispatch samples of human tissue according to predefined procedures.
To work and maintain a graded clean room environment using aseptic techniques.
To perform analysis to support the release of samples. Including but not limited to flow cytometric analysis and microbiology.
Where required perform trials/experimental analysis and/or validation activities.
To work closely with and support our NHS partners.
Input and verify data on samples.
Applications will be accepted from individuals with an undergraduate degree (as a minimum) in a related subject, however individuals with extensive relevant laboratory experience will also be considered. Full in house training is provided for all the standard operating procedures in place. A successful candidate will be enthusiastic, self-motivated, a team player, flexible and reliable.
There is scope to advance within the company, also with development opportunities available when they arise.
Working hours between 08:00-20:00 (Monday to Saturday.)
The Full Job Description is included below.
Laboratory Technician Job Description
Job Purpose and Key Responsibilities:
- To receive, process, store and dispatch samples of human tissue according to predefined procedures.
- To perform analysis to support the release of samples
- To receive samples and log them into the appropriate inventory system.
- To prepare and process samples for and in a cleanroom environment according to predefined procedures.
- To freeze samples for storage and store samples in their final locations.
- To monitor and maintain the storage of the samples.
- To perform analysis on samples using flow cytometry.
- Enter and work in a controlled cleanroom environment in an aseptic manner.
- Perform cleaning and environmental monitoring of the cleanrooms and controlled areas.
- Read microbiology media to obtain result of environmental and sample monitoring.
- Input and verify data on the management information system.
- Physically pack samples for dispatch and prepare release paperwork to accompany samples for dispatch.
- Read, understand and follow the procedures set by the company.
- Maintaining stock levels for processing and kit production.
- General office tasks, for example filing and archiving.
- Ensure any equipment faults or process errors are reported immediately to managers.
- Suggest amendments, review and update standard operating procedures.
- Where required support/perform trials/experimental analysis and/or validation activities under the supervision of the stem cell scientists.
- Manufacture sample collection kits.
- Provide support to the PHNT laboratory.
- Prepare harvest and processing labels for PHNT.
- Support the quality department in raising quality information reports.
Apply for Laboratory Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly