For part time and term time hours, salary will be pro-rated.
Based at Lenzie Academy, you will provide clerical support within the school.
Duties will include word processing, tasks associated with the maintenance of all school records in relation to pupils and staff, telephone, reception and reprographics duties, distribution of school mail, dealing with pupil enquiries and attending to welfare needs of pupils.
You must have experience of working within an office environment and good IT skills are essential. Experience of using Seemis Click & Go and the ability to use Word and Excel to an advanced level are desirable. You should be able to work as part of a team and enjoy a variety of tasks within your remit.
This post is not term-time. Work Pattern Monday – Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm (1 hr lunch) – every alternate week - Job share.
This post is subject to a PVG check.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with
screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
EAD01092 Role Profile.doc