Management Accountant - Controls
Job Title: Management Accountant - Controls
Location: Cantley, Norwich
Salary: Min £39,421pa (DOE)
Term: Maternity Cover
Our client is the UK's leading sugar supplier and one of the most efficient manufacturers in Europe. You will find their sugar on supermarket shelves as one of the UK's leading food brands.
The core focus of this role is to support the Finance Manager - Site Controls and the team in delivering their regular activities, to drive process improvement to deliver demonstrable accuracy and efficiency enhancements. You will also be responsible for testing the controls in place and to oversee financial transactions to the reporting stage.
You will also be responsible for supporting the Finance Manager - Site Controls for all financial accounting, internal controls and business processes within company factory sites.
- Leadership - Coordinate and develop other team member's capabilities and skills through coaching and training, both accounting principles and 'software' knowledge (Microsoft Excel)
- Line Management - Assist with line management of individuals within the team
- Controls - Provide an overview of controls and identify any potential weaknesses or flaws. In addition to this; carry out spot testing and audits to test controls and look to further enhance the control environment at sites
- Manufacturing Accounting - Assist the Senior Accounts Assistants in validating manufacturing accounting
- Process Improvement - Identify inefficiencies and put in place robust controls that streamline the activity, and managing that change process
- Financial Reporting - Use knowledge gained through qualification and/or experience to ensure accounting is carried out in line with the relevant accounting standards
- Audits - Liaise and facilitate internal and external audits
- Health & Safety - Embrace the site safety culture, and play your part in delivering the site safety objectives
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years post qualification experience in a finance role. You will also possess in depth technical accounting knowledge.
Who are they looking for?
- At least 2 years' post qualification experience in a finance role (if ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified)
- In depth technical accounting knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Influencing and driving complex multi-site and cross functional projects .
- Provide judgement, advice and support whilstworking under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Prepared to challenge robustly and propose innovative idea generation on contracting strategies.
- Excellent influencing ability, and capable of adapting approach
- Is a strong team player who encourages and supports others
- Effective at building working relationships and quickly establishes credibility
- Demostrates respect and acts with high level of integrity
- Resilient and flexible
- Personally driven, and has a passion to excel
- Results focused - is responsive and delivers accurate work on time
- Continually strives to improve processes
- Works collaboratively across all functions
What's in it for you?
They offer an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Pension and Life Insurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- 21 days holiday (rising to 26 after 1 years' service) + Bank Holidays
- Buy holiday scheme
- Range of flexible benefits
- They are an equal opportunities employer and applicants are welcome to apply regardless of age, disability, gender, marital status, race, nationality or ethnic origin, religion or sexual orientation
How to Apply
If you feel you have the relevant skills and Experience for this position, please click on 'Apply' to visit their careers page and upload your CV.
Closing date: Friday 21st October