Warehouse Operative – Depot Loader – DIAD Operative (AWDO-P2829)
Warehouse Operative / Depot Loader / DIAD Operative required for a well-established Company based in Southampton, Hampshire.
SALARY: £7.20 - £8.00 per hour + Benefits
WORKING HOURS: 32.5 hours per week, 4am until 8.30am and 5pm to 7pm, Monday to Friday
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Warehouse Operative / Depot Loader / DIAD Operative that has good organisational and time management skills.
Working as the Warehouse Operative / Depot Loader / DIAD Operative you will work within a Team to ensure that all freight is sorted and allocated to correct postcode areas whilst adhering to all manual handling training and Health and Safety regulations.
As the Warehouse Operative / Depot Loader / DIAD Operative you will support the smooth running of the operation so that drivers are able to leave the depot with a fully loaded vehicle in a timely manner, enabling them to meet timed delivery deadlines.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Warehouse Operative / Depot Loader / DIAD Operative include:
- Ensuring compliance of security procedures by checking all vehicles for mislaid packages from previous routes
- Sorting and arranging freight into pre-determined postcode areas as required
- Identifying damaged packages and report findings to the Line Manager
- Identifying ‘Timed Service’ products and allocating items to relevant postcode areas
- Ensuring packages for delivery are sufficiently documented (i.e. COD, VOG etc)
- Assisting drivers with the loading of freight into vehicles
- Complying with local procedures with regards the handling of high value goods
- Working in a timely and efficient manner, complying with local deadlines to avoid incurring fines to the business
- Completing any relevant documentation as per local requirements
- Reporting any operational issues or concerns to the Line Manager
- Maintaining a clean and tidy work area
- Working in accordance with Company risk assessments, manual handling training and Health and Safety guidelines at all times as set out in the Employee and Vehicle Handbook.
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
Ideal candidates should:
- Anticipate, respond to and seek to exceed the expectations of existing and potential customers
- Show support for business values and demonstrate a high level of honesty and integrity
- Respond positively to changing business circumstances and readily adapts behaviour to maintain effective performance
- Be able to work in a well-structured manner with strong organisational skills
- Ensure tasks are completed by set timescales, accurately and with an attention to detail
- Builds and maintains good working relationships, able to communicate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders
- Good level of literacy and numeracy skills
- Warehouse knowledge and skills are desirable but not essential, as full training is provided
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
AWD online operates as an employment agency