Salary: £28k per annum
Based in Camberley, this position works normal office hours; however, there may be a need for occasional after hours and weekend work. The primary focus of this position will be operation of the company’s CNC Machine, but this position will be as part of the R&D team so will include, CAD/CAM and Programming work.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced CNC Machinist to develop my clients new machine workshop.
- Work closely with the R&D team on new and existing projects
- Create, load, examine and modify CNC programs
- Set up tools and load materials onto CNC machine
- Carry out machining of components
- Carry out inspection, including first-off inspection to the authorised level;
- Identify and report errors and suggest improvements;
- Work with managers and supervisors to implement the Company’s policies and business objectives
- Ensure that the workplace is a clean, tidy, healthy and safe environment
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience is essential in Programming, setting and operating CNC Machinery;
- Excellent understanding of engineering drawings, tooling selection and cutting strategy;
- Experience of using CADCAM Software;
- Experience of working with Plastics and non-ferrous materials;
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative.
Education and Training:
- Fanuc CNC controls training preferable but not essential.
- SharpCam CADCAM Software training preferable but not essential.
- Ability to work as part of a team but also independently and use own initiative.
- Highly professional and reliable attitude in working environment.
- Working experience setting up & operating CNC Machinery.
- Positive attitude, Self-reliant, good workmanship, attention to detail, problem solving, organized, punctual, safety conscious.