Enterprise IT Services Engineer (2nd Line Support)
Sky Betting and Gaming aims to bring the excitement of sports betting, casino, poker and bingo to a rapidly growing number of customers in the betting and gaming market. Through our close relationships with Sky Sports we can provide a unique opportunity to deliver a real experience that makes us stand out in the online gaming sector. We're striving to be the best digital business in the UK and we're well on our way, this year we've been nominated as one of The Sunday Times Top 100 companies to work for as well as bagging a handful of accolades at the 2015 EGR awards and we're not planning on slowing down anytime soon! From our base in Leeds and across all our sites, we are experiencing rapid growth and are constantly looking for the best talent to help us in our continued success. Are you in?
We are looking for an experienced Enterprise IT Services Engineer; with corporate experience of a mixed Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac estate. You will provide operational service to the business to ensure maximum levels of user support and system availability. You would be required to still take calls throughout the day and assist the 1st line Service Desk team members if required but a large part of your role would be principally the robust and efficient delivery of desktop services at a variety of physical locations whilst supporting the back office infrastructure behind the desktop estate. If you have ITIL qualifications this will really help or if you currently work in an organisation that has an ITIL framework so you know the basic principles. An understanding of Apple hardware in the enterprise would be a great benefit.
A broad skill set is required across both Windows and Apple Mac technologies, on the desktop and in back office infrastructure. Server infrastructure and experience of common infrastructure applications to both platforms is essential.
In the role you will provide 1st and 2nd line support to 1000+ staff over 2 Leeds sites and support to 3 other sites.
- Undertake requirements capture for work projects as detailed by the Enterprise IT Services Manager.
- Produce practical designs and solutions for Back Office infrastructure in line with business demands and future growth working with internal and external 3rd parties.
- Working across the desktop and back office platforms, ensuring industry best practice is applied with regard to IT security.
- Desktop platform support of Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1, Mac OS v10.09 & v10.10
- Back office platform support including Windows server 2012 R2 O/S, with standard administration and configuration responsibilities with server roles such as Fileshare, Print, DFS, DC, DNS, DHCP and application systems, such as MS Lync, Disk Encryption, Antivirus and backup solutions experience of application packaging and software deployment and imaging systems is desirable.
- Logging of calls into the company service management tool, received via the phone, email and web services.
- Resolution of calls logged in the company service management tool.
- Resolving 1st & 2nd line desktop, printer, server, application and telecoms issues over the telephone and in person.
- Follow the company's IT processes in incident, access, request, problem and change management.
- Performing remote and onsite hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, configuring systems and applications.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Communicate effectively through high quality documentation, face to face interaction and presentation, both at a deep technical level and for senior non-technical audiences.
- Actively liaise with Server & Network Support teams or other 3rd Party suppliers to resolve escalated issues requirements.
- Investigate problems and troubleshoot, in order to progress problems through to resolution.
- Assisting with the management and review of major Incidents and identifying root causes and workarounds for problems.
- Carrying out daily tasks to ensure the smooth running of the back office IT infrastructure, such as monitoring to ensure maximum availability and excellent performance of systems.
- Proactively planning back office resource needs to make sure we have planned for additional requirements in line with business growth and demands.
- Ensure that any changes to existing application platforms are captured in the change management system and released at a time appropriate to the risk involved (which may be out of hours).
- Occasional site visits to other Sky Bet locations.
As a valued employee, you will receive free Sky + HD and Broadband, as much free Yorkshire tea as you can drink (we are in God's country after all), or the stronger stuff if you're more of a coffee connoisseur. A digital private healthcare scheme along with Herman Miller chairs to ensure your derriere is as comfortable as possible whilst you're innovating and a pension scheme that will send you jet setting off into retirement. All this in a flexible working environment with some of the best minds in the industry help make Sky Betting and Gaming a really great place to work (if we don't say so ourselves). So come join us, one sugar or two?
Grow with Sky Betting and Gaming. Date posted: 12/10/2016