Salary: Up to GBP25k (depending on skills and experience) plus holidays and 5% flexible benefit fund
Established in 2005, we are now the UK's leading provider of business services to the NHS, which include Finance & Accounting, Procurement and Employment Services. We currently work with 100% of the NHS Commissioning organisations and over a third of NHS Trusts, providing a high level of governance and accountability for around GBP100 billion of NHS spend annually. We also provide a full range of solutions for NHS Provider organisations, ensuring cost improvements and efficiency savings, as well as improved data management and reporting.
NHS SBS is a unique joint venture between the Department of Health and Sopra Steria. Our mission is delivering GBP1 billion savings back to the NHS by 2020 and we have already delivered audited savings of over GBP350m. We provide cost improvements of around 30% for our clients, as well as providing added value solutions.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Officer to join to NHS SBS Commercial team based in Leeds.
The successful candidate will have a primary responsibility to work within the NHS SBS Commercial Office supporting the day-to-day management of NHS SBS' customer contracts.
We are looking for someone who is analytical and numerical. This would be an ideal opportunity for a Finance or Business Graduate.
The role is based in Leeds and will require occasional travel to other NHS SBS sites.
- Supporting the day-to-day management of NHS SBS' customer contracts
- Providing a consultancy and port of call for support and commercial advice through the handling commercial and contractual queries
- Drafting and processing of contractual agreements including contract change notes and minor works orders
- Monitor the operation and accuracy of financial controls, reporting and billing
- Identify commercial risks and mitigations
- Providing advice to colleagues on the requirements of specified commercial processes
- Ensuring that governance and commercial procedures are adhered to
- Executing or support the execution of other commercial processes as specified by the Commercial Manager
- Degree educated or equivalent - 2.2 or above
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present to stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Self-motivated with a positive approach and aptitude for problem solving
- Numerically competant
- Ability to drive continuous process improvement and best practice
- Strong planning and organisation skills and the ability to prioritise and flex workload to meet business requirements
- Knowledge of the NHS SBS service lines would be an advantage
- Relevant work experience
Freedom to act
Over 1,900 NHS SBS people work as a fully integrated team to ensure our NHS clients benefit from our strength in process industrialisation and service innovation. On offer is the opportunity to join this fast growing and successful organisation. The role comes with a competitive salary and the opportunity for further development within NHS SBS or the wider Sopra Steria Group.
NHS Shared Business Services is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and values all employees as individuals. All applicants and employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.