Financial Controller - Energy Supplier, Brighton
Toto Energy - Brighton
GBP40,000 to GBP60,000 a year DOE plus potential for share options
- Brighton (with some travel to Leicester for meetings with Magnum Utilities)
Toto Energy is a new energy supplier based in Brighton and we are looking to grow to 250,000 customers with a turnover over GBP200m within 2 years. We have a great team of industry professionals working with top quality partners in a fast moving market with high growth potential. Our sister company Magnum Utilities will be installing smart meters and we will be at the forefront of the energy revolution. Based in Brighton the Financial controller will be our first finance hire and we want somebody with potential to grow with the business.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Reporting to Chris Allen (founder and MD)
- Preparation of accounts: produce management accounts with a high degree of accurance and scrutiny; reconciliation of accounts processes to agreed schedules; prepare and agree statutory accounts for audit; ensure the accuracy and integrity of the Group's accounting records and financial systems
- Financial management and controls: manage the production of cash flow forecasts combining industry and non industry cash flow streams; manage overheads whilst seeking areas for efficiencies of savings; manage the monthly processing of payroll and payment to employees; ensure accounts administration systems are adequate to control the group's position and report accurately thereon; where necessary recommend and implement new systems/processes to maintain financial control
- Taxation: ensure all tax, including PAYE, National Insurance, VAT and Corporation Tax, is reported and paid correctly and that all relevant regulations are complied with
- Customers: backstop for escalation and resolution of serious finance issues; ensure that the department deliver customers service in a timely professional, accurate and competent manner; act as key interface with other departments and functions eg trading, billing, customers services, industry operations; undertake project work as requested
- Reporting: produce management accounts to an agreed schedule ensuring that all elements of those accounts are clearly understood and explicable; provide commentary to the Board on the internal and external factors driving the numbers in a form which the business understands and can therefoe use to make strategic or tactical decisions
- People: contribute to the design and implementation of appropriate organisation structure; provide leadership and direction for direct reports developing cohesion and effectiveness; appraise, performance manage and agree development plans for the team; recruit as necessary
- Finance/costs: identify possible cost reductions and efficiencies and the people/resources needed to provide excellent service; understand the cost implications of training and change initiatives. Control overtime.
- Planning: plan and organise Finance team workload to ensure that targets are achieved and productivity continually improved.
- Supplier and 3rd Parties: works effectively with Bank, Suppliers, HMRC, External Auditors and Partners, as required. Provide input to Supplier reviews recommending cost saving strategies, where appropriate, with consideration of potential adverse impact.
Education Level Required: