Designer - Jigs & Tool / Aerospace
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Designer – Jigs & Tool / Ground Support Equipment to join P3 Group based in Bristol.
P3 Group manage projects and reorganize company processes in automotive, aviation, energy and telecommunication industries. Established 1996 as spin-off of the Fraunhofer Institute of Production Technology Aachen we are now 3,100 P3 team-members at 40 locations worldwide.
As one of the largest engineering services suppliers for the aerospace industry in Germany, P3 Group are undertaking challenging and innovative projects Worldwide. With interdisciplinary teams we are operating in Germany, France, Great Britain, India, Spain, the USA, and Canada
As a Designer your duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Develop and design jigs and tools as well as maintenance tools for aircraft
- Create manufacturing drawings, bills of material, and relevant technical documentation
- Ensure high quality and efficient development of the products and parts
- Coordinate activities and deadlines with internal and external colleagues, customers, and suppliers
- Conduct technical meetings with customers and suppliers
An ideal Designer will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent
- Extensive experience as a design engineer
- Extensive knowledge of Catia V5 (min. of 2000 hr CAD work experience) and in the management of technical data
- Knowledge of design standards (Eurocodes, ISO, DIN, … )
- Experience in the field of Jigs and Tools / Ground Support Equipment would be advantageous
- Basic usable knowledge in static stress calculation, hand calculation, and FEM – preferably in Catia V5 Analysis and Simulation Workbench
- Proficiency in MS Office Programs
- Experience programming using Visual Basics advantageous
- Fluent in business / technical English, an additional language (German, Spanish or French) preferred
- Self-motivated, communicative, reliable, as well as team-player and customer-orientated
In return for this you will receive a salary of £40,000 - £42,000 per annum.
- Work in qualified and dedicated teams
- Challenging projects and career opportunities
- Flexible working environment and flat hierarchy
- International environment
To apply for this position please apply via the company’s career portal.
Ref Number: 1860
recruitx ref: 52861532 / INDHP