Year 1 teacher
Newly Qualified Teacher - Year 1
The school in the London borough of Redbridge have a rich history of guiding newly qualified teachers through their first year of teaching and beyond.
The school are very proud of their achievements of their pupils and staff. They are looking for an inspirational and creative year 1 NQT to build on their successes and help their goal of offering an outstanding educational experience for all pupils.
The school is a larger-than-average-sized primary school with over 600 children aged between 3 and 11. Rated as Good in their 2014 inspection, the school has continued to build on that success. The Early Years Foundation Stage consists of a Nursery and three Reception classes and remains three forms through to year 6.
The modern building has excellent facilities and large grounds for outdoor learning and sporting events. Children are taught to respect each other and the staff, which leads to a healthy and fun school to work in.
The school uses key topics for all the lessons which allows for cross-curricular learning. They aim to provoke a passion for reading and in turn a passion for self learning. Children are very well behaved and this is in no small part down to the creative and engaging lessons the teachers plan.
This role would suit a NQT or a teacher in the early stages of their career who wants to learn and develop. The school promotes from within and many of their staff are awarded leadership opportunities.
As a NQT you will be working closely with a mentor who will guide you through your induction year, as well as receiving lots of support from the senior leadership team. Weekly meetings will help you plan for the week ahead and review your lessons to offer guidance moving forward.
A career at this school can provide you with:
- All the support and guidance needed to complete your NQT year
- A variety of courses to allow you to progress throughout your teaching career
- Dedicated and enthusiastic teaching and support staff
- Well behaved pupils who want to achieve their potential
- Parents who take a positive and active part in school life
The successful candidate will share our passion for:
- Academic excellence, continuous improvement and innovation
- Making a positive difference to the lives of children from diverse backgrounds
- Consistent high quality teaching and learning
The school are looking interview ASAP, so contact us to discuss the next steps in the application process.