PHP Developer / Software Engineer / Web Developer
Job title: PHP Developer
Salary: £20,000-£30,000 depending on experience
Hours: Full time
The company is a fast growing financial services company and are currently looking for a PHP developer. They have over 350 Financial Advisers under their umbrella and thrive on providing excellent service both to internal and external clients.
The main purpose of this role is to develop and maintain their internal business systems using a range of technologies including but not exclusively PHP, Laravel, MySQL, XML and MSSQL.
You will be required to work in synergy with the business as a whole aiding specification, testing and deployment of software as well as developing and maintaining it. The role will involve balancing the development resource in close communication with the IT Manager.
- Develop ongoing and new projects, including liaising with and advising internal & external clients.
- Providing efficient solutions to the issues that our System Users experience.
- Working individually and within a team to develop software, and configure existing software.
- Planning, documentation and implementation of system changes in a PHP/MySQL/Apache environment.
- Administering LAMP based server environment.
- Working to deadlines and prioritising work accordingly.
- Overseeing the technical direction that the development standards and procedurestake..
- Continual Professional Development.
- Assist the Infotech Department as required with various support tasks.
- Control the release of code from the test to live environment.
- Staying aware of security issues in software development.
- Ensure all duties are carried out with "Treating Customers Fairly" requirement
- Facilities management related tasks where appropriate
- Any extra duties to support the smooth running of the IT function
- A degree in Software Engineering or comparable commercial experience
- Being able to engage in critical thinking
- Experience in Linux and Microsoft operating systems configuration and operation.
- Understanding of Apache server administration and configuration.
- Able to manage ongoing IT projects Highly organised and able to prioritise.
- Team Player and collaborative worker
- Solutions driven and ability to use own initiative.
- Experience with versioning control, preferably GIT
- Ideally 3 years commercial database design experience, MySQL / MsSQL.
- Ideally3years commercial PHP programming experience.
- Ideally 3 years commercial software project management experience.
- Ideally 3years commercial Linux and Microsoft Windows configuration &operation.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.