The role is ideally for an established Collections Manager however experienced Team Leaders will also be considered for this position with the view of joining as a trainee and developing to Collections Manager under the guidance and mentorship of the Senior Management Team.
Due to continued growth an opportunity has arisen for a Collections Manager within our consumer collections unit. Opos Limited is an owner managed, modern, dynamic, technology led Debt Collection Agency (DCA) based in Dumbarton.
Reporting directly to the senior managers, the overall purpose of the role is to ensure departmental KPIs are met by directing, instructing and guiding a team of telephone collectors, whilst continuing to deliver against personal objectives. This role revolves around personal excellence, delivery against set tasks and is entry level to Management. Some of the Key Performance Indicators of this role are – performance to pre-set targets, motivated workforce, company and customer satisfaction, employee development, quality and accuracy of work.
As a Collections Manager your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Building, developing and maintaining effective relationships and networks within the department and across the business as a whole.
- You will be required to build relationships and develop the trust of all customers (internal and external).
- You will recruit, train, develop and encourage collections staff, acting as hands-on coach and mentor to the unit on a day-to-day basis.
- Managing both personal and team workloads to achieve departmental targets, you will be responsible for all aspects of resource management within a defined area of responsibility whilst ensuring adherence to all company and regulatory provisions.
Attributes and day to day duties include –
- Collecting debt via the telephone, email and letter
- Ensuring operations are run to maximum efficiency
- Managing client and customer relations appropriately
- Dealing with non-routine negotiations and any issues escalated from team members
- Responsible for the day to day management, coaching and supervision of a team of collectors to ensure targets are met
- Ensuring all staff are trained and developed to meet business requirements
- Monitoring and reviewing employees against agreed standards, ensuring training and coaching requirements are met
- Continually motivating all employees to achieve department targets
- Ensuring that complaints / disputes are dealt with effectively and in line with policy
- Reporting to Senior Management on resource issues, employee performance, training, productivity, adherence to Service Levels and general operational issues
- Consistently delivering high quality levels of customer and client service
- Delivering high standards of compliance with all relevant laws, regulations and client requirements
An ideal Collections Manager will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Previous experience working as a Collections Manager / Team Leader
- Proven people leadership / management skills
- The ability to motivate and facilitate development of the overall team as well as the development of individuals
- The ability to say ‘no’ effectively when required whilst ensuring the audience understands the rationale and logic behind the decision and that agreement is gained without damaging value or relationships
- The ability to implement continuous improvement in processes, methods and systems ensuring consistently high levels of efficiency are attained at all times
- Understanding and applying relevant company and regulatory governance within the role remit
- Competent and confident working knowledge of core Microsoft applications
Ideally you will have:
- Demonstrative experience working in an FCA regulated collections environment.
- You have a good understanding of FCA requirements and obligations towards TCF principles.
- You have shown good career progression and are now looking to continue to expand your role.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, competitive and focused. You will be a self-starter and have a first class work ethic.
An opportunity for growth and development will help to expand your existing knowledge, skills and abilities whilst giving new situations to apply the competencies gained.
In return for this you will receive a salary of up to £35,000 Dependent upon experience.
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: 52861329 / INDHP