Area Sales Engineer
HPC Compressed Air Systems are currently seeking an Area Sales Engineer to join our successful team based in Birmingham. The successful candidate will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a highly competitive salary.
HPC Compressed Air Systems is recognised as the gold standard in the compressed air industry supplying innovative, energy efficient air compression / air treatment products and system solutions to leading manufacturers.
At HPC we pride ourselves on providing the highest service levels in the industry so a keen eye for detail and a conscientious approach will be essential.
About the Area Sales Engineer role
You will be operating out of a busy regional centre and will primarily cover the West Midlands area. Reporting directly to the General Manager, you will be responsible for winning new business and will be actively involved in locating and developing new customers. In addition, you will have the opportunity to actively account manage existing customers. Working a 37 hour week, Monday to Friday, the position offers a highly competitive salary package, company car and also a competitive performance related bonus.
What we’re looking for in our Area Sales Engineer
- Experience selling industrial equipment or a similar technical product.
- An understanding of how to develop new and account manage existing customers.
- The ability to understand the technical complexities of the company’s products and explain their benefits.
- The ability to sell products and support contracts to new and existing clients.
- The energy and enthusiasm to go out and develop new business, building relationships with companies, OEM and driving growth.
Experience in the sale of industrial air compressors would be an advantage however we will consider applications from people with transferable skills and relevant experience. The job will involve a significant amount of travelling to client sites and is not a traditional office based sales role.
Key skills for this Area Sales Engineer role include:
- Knowledge of West Midlands customers
- Ability to find and get through the door of potential customers
- Ability to record and use sales information effectively
- Ability to discuss technical issues knowledgeably
- Ability to sell and close deals
- Ability to actively account manage existing customer relationship.
- Ability to work unassisted when required
- Confidence to make decisions
In return as our Area Sales Engineer we can offer you…
Company benefits include a pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, company sick pay, and private healthcare after a qualifying period
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you would like to join us as our new Area Sales Engineer then please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!